1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2010 4:19 AM by bc0203

Latest Driver for G45/G43 Chipset overscans at 1920x1080 using HDMI in Windows 7 with DG45ID

bc0203

Hi all,

Just wanted to post that the last few versions of the driver for the G45/G43 Chipset (at least when used with a DG45ID motherboard and Windows 7 64-bit) overscans at 1920x1080 resolution over HDMI. There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust around it in the driver settings, you have to use a lower resolution if you want to see everything on the screen, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the GMA4500HD chipset to watch Blu-ray discs.  There have been several reports of this on other online forums, but I haven't seen it posted here, so I thought I'd mention it.

I've tried hooking the PC directly to the TV with no difference in results.

Config below:

Intel DG45ID mobo with E6500 Processor

4GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400 RAM

WD Caviar Black 500GB HDD

LITE-ON IHOS104 Blu-Ray Drive

SliverStone GD04 Case w/Corsair 600w modular PS

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit with Intel video graphics driver version 15.15.7.64.1994

Other Components:

Denon AVR-789 Receiver

Samsung HL-61A750 DLP TV

• 1. Re: Latest Driver for G45/G43 Chipset overscans at 1920x1080 using HDMI in Windows 7 with DG45ID
          bc0203

Ok... looks like I've found the solution to the HDMI overscan problem with the G45/G43 Drivers after about 8 hours of digging around on other sites... kinda kicking myself because it was staring me right in the face, I just didn't move the slider over far enough when I tried it the first time.

On the Intel Graphics Properties Dialog Box, display settings tab, click on "Aspect Ratio Options."  Adjust the sliders until things "snap" right into place.  Don't try to correlate the slider to the amount of overscan on your screen (that was the mistake I was making); it seems that 60-65% for both settings is a typical setting with a HDTV.

It'd be nice of the software could "sense" this automatically, but, hey, at least it's adjustable manually.