Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

4k option has disappeared. 4k was working, but not anymore.

elogi
Beginner

Hi there, I'm using a Sharp Aquos 4k tv with a ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2015). On Thursday I did a clean installation of Windows 10 on the machine, dual booting with Ubuntu. At the time of the installation, I was able to output at 4k under Windows via HDMI, no problems encountered at all. I believe at this time Windows downloaded and installed some updates. I then completed my Ubuntu installation; 4k under HDMI working fine there. But now back in the Windows partition, there isn't even an option to output at 4k. Could the Windows Update have broken this? any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
elogi
Beginner

Well, I tried uninstalling the two windows updates I could find, but still no luck.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, ersatz:

Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

0 Kudos
elogi
Beginner

Thanks for getting back to me. The driver version is 20.19.15.4331. Fwiw, I had already tried using the "update driver..." button on that window, but I am informed that the driver is already up to date.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

That version is the latest from Lenovo. From our end the latest version for your graphics controller is https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40], please give it a try.

Regards,

0 Kudos