Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 Blue Screen Problem (Win10-Photoshop CC 2015)

ggurk
Beginner

Hi i am using asus n750jk ultrabook laptop with 2 gpu installed (hd graphics 4600 + nvidia 850m)

when i try to open photoshop it gives me bluescreen. but if i force photoshop to run with nvidia 850m gpu it works without any problem. it started happening with windows 10 and new photoshop cc update.

thing i tried >

installing intel beta driver (didn't solve)

installing intel stable lastest driver (worked %50 chance) sometimes gives blue sometimes not.

(there is no problem mechanical with intel or nvidia) (nvidia works perfectly)

when i open it with nvidia from control panel of nvidia. there is no problem..

this didn't happen with windows 8 or 8.1 or with windows 7..

there is a problem with intel windows 10 drivers.(beta and stable) it gives blue screen.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, lastpust:

Have you tried installing the graphics driver from your computer manufacturer?

I will run some tests based on this behavior.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ggurk
Beginner

yes i tried it before, because they are for windows 8.1 so i can't use them on this windows 10 version. however they worked better than lastest windows 10 x64 version of driver.

and i think there is problem with photoshop's lastest version too because this started happening when i fresh installed them both to lastest versions.

photoshop just can't work with intel anymore. it gives blue screen named.

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

and as i said it works with nvidia

0 Kudos
ggurk
Beginner

deleting sniffer.exe

from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015

solved problem. it seems when we delete that exe, photosop recreates relations with gpu's and the problem solves. but i don't have to know this solution. intel or adobe should solve this not me.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you for sharing your outcome, I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos