Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8(R) Stopped Responding

elars
Beginner

Display locks up until I open/close an app and then it works fine for awhile again....Have the latest driver from Dell installed. Tried to check for update from Intel however the updater says use the Dell version...

Intel HD GRaphics 4600....

Dell has been unable to resolve and points at Microsoft or Intel......

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi elarson5757,

I recommend you to get into device manager and uninstall and delete the current graphics driver from your computer; then, restart it. Windows® will install a generic driver on your system.

Run our Intel® System Support Utility and reply with the results. I will be sending you the latest graphics driver for your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility

It is very important to update the Chipset and Management Engine drivers of your laptop first.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
elars
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the support. I uninstalled the 4600 display driver via device manager and restarted. It loaded the generic driver and then I ran your utility, saved the results and they are posted below. I was just on yet again with the Dell tech yesterday and was able to confirm that all drivers on my laptop are up to date including bios, etc.

Any next steps are appreciated. Using the laptop with the generic driver is a bit difficult as it only has one resolution setting and with it my task bar is almost completely cut off! And it won't support using my large monitor with the laptop!

<?xml version="1.0"?>

01/12/2016

00:00:03.2222182

<Setting id="Product Type" displayName="" value="Soni...

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi elarson5757,

According to your reply Windows® 10 Pro 64bit is running in your Dell XPS 15 9530. I noted your pc has 2 graphics cards on your system and they are working at the same time.

The Intel® Core™ i7-4712HQ has Intel® HD Graphics 4600 and a dedicated video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.

The picture that you sent on this forum belonged to Windows® 8.1. It is necessary to use the driver for Windows® 10 with the version 10.18.15.4271 available at Dell Support.

It is necessary to get into DELL support website, look for drivers and select Windows® 10 as operating system. Install Intel's driver first then install Nvidia's driver.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
elars
Beginner

Mike,

You are correct that the error message references Windows 8 however I am running Windows 10 and the driver I am using is the latest one from Dell's update website version 10.18.15.4271, A2 already for Windows 10. I did delete it again this am and re-install that driver again from Dell about two hours ago. The screen has locked up and I have gotten that same error message as posted above in my original post three times in the last two hours....

Eric

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi elarson5757,

It could be an error at Dell website; try with the workaround as follow. Uninstall and delete the current drivers from your pc. Then, install our generic graphics driver and finally install Nvidia's driver. Let see how it works.

The latest version is 4300.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Drivers & Software

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos