5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 4:42 PM by gabrielw6

Wi-Fi connection with Galileo Gen 2 for streaming

gabrielw6

Hi all,

I've been struggling to do a simple but reasonable live stream of my usb webcam wirelessly with Galileo. First, I installed the IoT SD card image, and although I succeeded at live streaming the webcam through Wi-Fi (mjpg-streamer), there were impressive 7 seconds of delay; the same applies to an Ethernet connection. Because of this, I built a Debian image as described in https://communities.intel.com/thread/48074?tstart=0 and I only had 3 seconds of delay, but I had no support for my Wi-Fi card, RTL8187B. The IoT image, I suspect, becomes considerably slower than other images due to the greater amount of resources it has, but it has the support for my card. The smaller images, I also suspect, have a better performance. I tried to use the 48MB SDCard.1.0.4.tar.gz image, but my Wi-Fi card doesn't show up as an interface in ifconfig. Summing it up, I've been searching for a way to have a small SD card image with support for my wireless card.

I tried to compile the source of the RTL8187B driver with the cross-compile toolchain but I don't know how.

If anyone has any idea please help.

Thanks.