3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 1:40 PM by EstebanC_Intel

No Display from NUC5i7RYH

Urban_Forager

I've just bought a new NUC5i7RYH and installed 2 8GB sticks of Crucial RAM (DDR PC3 - 12800 SODIMM 1.35V) and a Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2, 500GB. When I plug it in, I get no display at all on the monitor --  I can't see anything. Here are the configurations I've tried:

1. A Dell E173FP 17'' LCD Monitor, maximum resolution of 1280x1024, connected by VGA cable with an adapter that plugs into the mini-display port

2. A Vizio LCD HDTV, 1920x1080, connected by HDMI cable with mini-display port adapter (this configuration works with my Mac). The TV's specs document says, "Computer Support: 1360 x 768 via HDMI/RGB, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB."

3. Same TV, connected by a brand-new HDMI-to-mini HDMI cable.

I get no display at all -- no BIOs update option, nothing. The power button flashes a blue light and the computer beeps; it repeats this sequence until turned off. The mouse I've plugged into it lights to indicate that it has a power source. I assume the keyboard has power, too, but it's a cheap model with no indicator light.

Using the new HDMI cable, I have followed the Power Button Menu BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® NUC using the Recovery BIOS Update file labeled RY0353.BIO, downloaded from Download BIOS Update [RYBDWi35.86A]. No power-button menu (or anything else) appears; the computer just keeps beeping repeatedly until I turn it off.

• 1. Re: No Display from NUC5i7RYH
          EstebanC_Intel

Hello, Urban_Forager:

I would like to check what is the blinking code that you have in your system, here you can find a chart with these codes.

blinks.PNG

Regards,

Esteban C

• 2. Re: No Display from NUC5i7RYH
            Urban_Forager

Dear Esteban,

Thanks for getting back to me. Luckily, I no longer need your help! Information on Intel forums indicated that the problem was most likely with the memory, and

I opened the chassis up and discovered that I hadn't pressed the memory sticks into the slots hard enough when I assembled the computer. The beep-and-blink pattern did conform with what's associated with a memory error in the chart you posted above, if I recall correctly. The NUC is working like a charm now -- I'm very pleased so far. You may mark this ticket closed.

Best,

Urban Forager

• 3. Re: No Display from NUC5i7RYH
              EstebanC_Intel

Hello, Urban_Forager:

I am glad to hear that you encountered and fixed the issue you were having with this unit.

If any further information or support is required, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C