cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The laptop reboots when waking up from sleep after installing an intel 530 series ssd.

DKuzn2
New Contributor

Hello. Recently I have installed an intel 530 series 120G ssd into my ASUS ROG G550JK laptop instead of the built-in hdd. I did a clean windows 10 install, installed all the necessary drivers and updates. The problem is my laptop reboots on resuming from sleep mode. It doesn't show a BSOD, so no memory dump is created. It just reboots. The laptop does go into sleep mode since the led periodically blinks as it should when the laptop is in sleep mode. The event viewer shows a critical event (Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID: 41, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.) I can provide any additional info if necessary. The BIOS is of the latest available version. I'm not sure if it's a malfunctioning ssd, or a firmware bug, or maybe this ssd is incompatible with this laptop model. Thanks.

Dmitry.

2 REPLIES 2

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Electronic_DK,

The Intel® SSD 530 Series has new low power features designed for Ultrabooks and low consumptions PC's, this includes the DevSleep functionality.

The SSD itself does not require any special driver nor configuration, however, some older systems may not be fully compatible with newer power saving features. We advise you to check the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites, confirm that you are using the most recent BIOS available for your PC, as well as updated chipset/storage controller drivers, also, check with them if your system supports Devsleep.

In some cases, you may be able to prevent this type of issue by disabling fast boot or other similar technologies in the BIOS.

If the issue persists, we advise you to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support, engage your nearest Intel support center so they can provide details on managing low power features of the SSD.

Thank you very much for your reply!

I have posted additional info on asus forum and have contacted technical support, we'll see what their reply will be.