2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 1:08 AM by Electronic_DK

The laptop reboots when waking up from sleep after installing an intel 530 series ssd.

Electronic_DK

Hello. Recently I have installed an intel 530 series 120G ssd into my ASUS ROG G550JK laptop instead of the built-in hdd. I did a clean windows 10 install, installed all the necessary drivers and updates. The problem is my laptop reboots on resuming from sleep mode. It doesn't show a BSOD, so no memory dump is created. It just reboots. The laptop does go into sleep mode since the led periodically blinks as it should when the laptop is in sleep mode. The event viewer shows a critical event (Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID: 41, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.) I can provide any additional info if necessary. The BIOS is of the latest available version. I'm not sure if it's a malfunctioning ssd, or a firmware bug, or maybe this ssd is incompatible with this laptop model. Thanks.

Dmitry.