Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Weird graphics using Skype

JRolf
Beginner

I have an Acer Aspire E1-532-2448Laptop running on Windows 10 latest version. I'm not sure whether my problem started with the latest upgrade of Windows 10. The main issue is that when I use Skype I get intermittent weird colour effects. The bottom of the screen turns translucent Lime Green in 'boxes' and these fluctuate with other odd effects making facial features look quite grotesque. It then reverts to normal but this happens several times during a Skype video exchange I wonder whether the graphics driver in the laptop needs to be upgraded to meet the requirements of Windows 10? I've looked at the Skype website but there does not seem to be any help there.

I have a split screen monitor, also Acer and I occasionally get problems there comprising parts of the screen turning Black or have some, or all, the screen turn to tiny boxes of an unidentifiable image

Any ideas out there?

JohnRD

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, JohnRD:

Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JRolf
Beginner

Hi Amy,

The driver version is 10.18.15.4248

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Please try to install this version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

Regards,

0 Kudos
JRolf
Beginner

Amy,

It said that this was not compatible with my computer and to contact the computer manufacturer

John

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Please try one more time with that driver but this time with the ZIP version and then follow these instructions;

1. Login with administrator privileges.

2. Open Control Panel.

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to

13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS

15. Click "OK"

16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.

Regards,

0 Kudos