Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Word keeps crashing

DBirc
Beginner

Word 2013 keeps crashing. Microsoft has told me this is an Intel Graphics Problem. According to the event viewer, the problem is this file:

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igd10umd32.dll

However, after checking my .dll files, I can't find any such file on my computer. And yes, I did check the hidden files. I have Windows 10 OS.

I need to find out how to fix this problem because the constant crashing of Word is affecting my business.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JWill53
Beginner
0 Kudos
DBirc
Beginner

I've checked all my drivers; they're all up to date according to the Intel Update Utility Driver.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I would need more information in regards to your system configuration:

Which version of Windows do you have?

Also, the exact processor model and the graphics controller:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005510.html Intel® Graphics Controller Identification Methods for Graphics Drivers

On Windows 10

Click on the Windows icon, and search for "System"

Look for System Control Panel then note the processor model.

Allan.

0 Kudos
DBirc
Beginner

Allan,

You tried to help me with this problem back in January. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to follow-up on this until now. Here is screen shot of my Intel Graphics that requested. I hope this helps. If needed, I can also send a screen shot of the event viewer log that lists the problem. Thank you!

0 Kudos