Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Does the Intel(R) HD Graphics Family run DirectX 11?

JLee178
Beginner

I recently bought Rainbow 6 Siege on uplay. I downloaded DirectX 11, but it says that my graphics card, the Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, doesn't support DirectX features. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Intel graphics do support DirectX. What version depends on your Intel Graphics/Processor.

Review http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005524.html Supported Graphics APIs and Features for Graphics Drivers

If you do not have the necessary version - 1) if a desktop, get an add-in graphics card or 2) if a laptop, unless you have switchable graphics, there is nothing you can do.

Doc

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeremy11,

If you want I can verify if your processor model supports DirectX 11. Please send me your processor model.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
TNyer
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same issue - can't start the game with my i3-6100 CPU - no discrete GPU. I start the application from Steam.

Error message:

Title: Error creating DX11 graphics

Your graphics card does not support DirectX 11 features.

I know that Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 is below the recommended specification, but on the other hand I can play any game with it.

Plus, it has full DX11 / DX12 capability.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
TNyer
Beginner

The game has received a huge update recently and with Intel Graphics Driver [15.45] the game starts as expected on the i3-6100.

Thanks!

0 Kudos