Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel graphic drivers - activate YCbCr-Mode per command line/regedit as default

KWitt3
Beginner

Hi,

I got different Dell notebooks with Intel HD Graphics Family-Cards (4000 series, newest driver installed). All of them have in common that they fail to produce a picture on our Sharp flat-screen via HDMI. The picture shows a huge mess of artifacts. My solution was to enable the YCbCr-Mode within the Intel HD Controlcenter. (Display -> Colorsettings -> Advanced)

Due to our high number of devices it is not practical to set the YCbCr-setting manually on every single notebook, especially when you cannot change the setting while not connected to the TV.

My question:

Is there a possibility to enable YCbCr-Mode as default for all displays that may be connected in the future? Maybe via command line, as registry value or within the installer of the video driver?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi endohcu,

I am going to escalate your case with our supervisor, hopefully we will have this new feature in the future.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
KWitt3
Beginner

Nice to hear from you.

I have some more questions concerning this matter:

Please tell me what enabling the YCbCr-Mode does in detail. Is it possible that we might be expecting problems with other displays in the future if we enable this mode as default?

And secondly: How are the chances that this feature will be included in future releases? How fast can we expect this change to happen?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi endohcu,

Set color settings as YCbCr is recommended for digital Televisions; in the future it will come as the default option. The estimated time of arrival for this change is hard to determine. Intel® needs to do many tests before launching the option.

The information below gives you a better idea of this option.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YCbCr YCbCr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos