Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

I have Core i7 6700K video HDCP trouble

NUkai
Beginner

Hi, I have one problem Skylake new PC.

My PC build components is Asus Z170-Deluxe and Core i7 6700K.

Use to Video function is CPU internal 530 Graphic (Ver 20.19.15.4352)

My trouble is can't see HDCP video contents (BD and TV) and error message is copyright protection error.

But It was working without any problems in the same HDMI cable with the same LCD monitor in SandyBridge old PC.

If someone of the same trouble.

Please tell me if there is a recovery method.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, yukikai:

Could you please attach a screenshot of the error message you receive?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
NUkai
Beginner

Hello Amy-san

I'm sorry warning message is only Japanese.

This messages is...

Copyright protection error can't play video.

Your PC is noncompliant use Graphic Driver or use noncompliant HDCP regulation HDMI and DVI-D cable.

If the latest new one are released in the graphics driver you are using, please update.

Or display has been changed, since there is a possibility that the display screen has been copied, please set to expand.

There is a possibility that the return from sleep or hibernation has failed. Please try to restart

I'm used newest Driver

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thank your the picture and the translation.

I just want to confirm a couple of things;

1. What type of cable are you using?
  2. Are you using an video adapter?

3. How many screen are you displaying?

Regards,

0 Kudos
NUkai
Beginner

Thank you aim-san

Please make sure my reply to inline

1. What type of cable are you using? → I'm using cable type is HDMI2.0 compatibility <<a href="http://www.planex.co.jp/product/hdmi/pl-hdmie-qd/# feature" title="http://www.planex.co.jp/product/hdmi/pl-hdmie-qd/# feature">HDMIケーブル|PL-HDMIE-QD|PLANEX> is it too old :-)?

2. Are you using an video adapter? → No I don't use video adapter. Only use CPU internal video function (Intel HD 530)
  3. How many screen are you displaying? → using one display only. and install display Driver
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

How are you watching HDCP content?

Please try the following;

1. Unplug the HDMI cable.

2. Unplug the TV power and the motherboard, let them sit 30-60 seconds.

3. Plug in HDMI cables while power is off.

4. Plug the TV power in first, then power motherboard.

Regards,

0 Kudos
NUkai
Beginner

Hi Amy-san

I'm playing HDCP contents is software. PowerDVD is play BD and DVD software player and TV content is domestic legion software.

I'm try neutral power off all cable and PC and after reboot PC. but still can't watching HDCP contents.

however I'm wondering to use without HDCP contents is normal and no trouble.

I'm one thing is wonder, I'm control host pc to Hyper-V client spread all of view.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Are you trying to play HDCP content through the Virtual Machine?

What is the operating system you have installed?

What is the model of the Blu-ray player?

Regards,

0 Kudos
NUkai
Beginner

Hi amy-san

Thanks for your idea.

I'm try to play content through the launch on VM and watch Remote Desktop environment.

test result is can see HDCP content. but don't support hardware accelerator.

I'm use Operating system is Windows 10 Insider Preview build 11102

Blu-ray Drive is Pioneer made for PC mode BDR-S08

0 Kudos
NUkai
Beginner

Hi aimy-san

I'm bought new cable display port to HDMI.

I can see HDCP content.

I wonder about it but I do not know why old HDMI cable was can't see HDCP content.

Thanks you for support.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

You're welcome.

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.

Well, in regard to the new cable you might find these links helpful http://www.howtogeek.com/208917/htg-explains-how-hdcp-breaks-your-hdtv-and-how-to-fix-it/ HTG Explains: How HDCP Breaks Your HDTV and How to Fix It and http://www.techradar.com/news/television/why-hdcp-2-2-will-be-bad-news-for-4k-1287966 HDCP 2.2: the TV spec that could ruin 4K | TechRadar.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

0 Kudos