Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Resolutions missing in dropdown

JLoca
Beginner

I connected my dell e5430 to a tv with hdmi. This is not the first time I do this, but now I decided to see if I can change resolution to higher one. There were two options: 720x480 or 1920x1080. Before that it was 720x480, but once I changed it to second one, now it's the only option in the dropdown. See the image. How can I change it back the way it was?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Janjuks,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Could you please reply with the graphics report, see below to follow the steps how to do it.

Go to Intel® Graphics and Control Panel > Options > information Center > Save.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
JLoca
Beginner

Of course. Here you go!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Please try the following driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25188/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64bit (3rd Gen & BYT)

If this driver does not solve your problem try to check if there is a later driver version available at your system manufacturer website

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
JLoca
Beginner

Unfortunately nothing happened. BTW, I already had the latest drivers, so these were older. I might think that once a device has been connected via hdmi, information about it is saved somewhere. Isn't there some way to clear this information?

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Janjuks,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

In this case we will need to wait for a new driver to come up for you to have these options available. I don't think this has to do with the HDMI this is something related with the driver.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos