Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

I5 2410m Turbo Boost not supported in Windows 8.1!!!

WKomi
Beginner

Why doesn't turbo boost in Windows 8? Driver turbo acceleration for Windows 8 on the intel site there is only for Windows 7

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is a processor technology, and is operating system independent.

Make sure the operating system has been installed on legacy mode for turbo boost:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005595.html Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor FAQs for Processors

Additionally, Intel no longer provides downloads for that product on the Intel web site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Turbo+Boost+Technology+Monitor Drivers & Software

Allan.

0 Kudos
WKomi
Beginner

Turbo Boost does not work correctly in Windows 8 and 10

In Windows 7 the Intel Turbo Boost works perfectly and increases the processor frequency up to 3Ghz!!! in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 CPU frequency only increases to 2.6 Ghz. In the Bios settings of Asus k53sv notebook no include Turbo Boost. Convert video in Windows 8.1 and noticed that the processor is 100% loaded and not overclocked to 3Ghz but only up to 2.6 Ghz

0 Kudos
WKomi
Beginner

I bought a laptop with Intel i5 2410 with Turbo Boost which is supposed to overclock the CPU to 3.0 Ghz. installed Windows 8 or 10 instead of 3Ghz I get 2.6 Ghz and it is very sad. Why is Turbo Boost not disperse my processor to 3Ghz???

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If the computer BIOS gives you an option to enable Turbo Boost your processor should get up to 2.9Ghz.

http://ark.intel.com/products/52224/Intel-Core-i5-2410M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_90-GHz?q=i5-2410 Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.90 GHz) Specifications

Allan.

0 Kudos
WKomi
Beginner

Turbo Boost not working correctly

laptop BIOS cut!!! there are no such items like motherboards in PCs. The issue is not resolved on Windows 8 and Windows 10 i5 2410m processor is automatically overclocked only 2.6 Ghz here's my screenshot. Turbo Boost is not working =( in Windows 8-10

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

This might be a BIOS issue. You need to check with your motherboard maker for BIOS updates.

You could also try disable Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology (EIST) at BIOS level and see if your processor can reach up to 2.9Ghz.

Allan.

0 Kudos
WKomi
Beginner

-------------> Installed the latest BIOS version downloaded from the ASUS website. in the BIOS no Turbo BOOST! In Windows 7 Intel Turbo Boost technology works only after installing the driver Intel Turbo Booost which is available for downloading only for Windows 7!!! I upgraded my computer putting Windows 8.1 and then Windows 10 and I stopped working TurboBoost, I convert the video files and the technology I need

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Again, BIOS issue for Windows® 8 or 10, but you need to check with your computer manufacturer for more information.

Allan.

0 Kudos
KTran10
New Contributor I

According to specs, if you are running 2 cores turbo, the speed limit is 2.7GHz. Turbo boost only opportunistic which doe not guarantee. Since this CPU stocked frequency is 2.3, then this CPU are running at turbo frequency but not the frequency you expected. Try to run some benchmark and compare between Windows OS, benchmark give accurate data than frequency alone

0 Kudos