4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 10:42 AM by Matejic

Problem with Intel Edison

Matejic

I want you to demonstrate the problem with Intel Edison so I take the video so someone could help to solve this problem.

I can't use Intel Edison over WiFi only over USB. I disable the firewall, open the ports on internet modem but nothing works.

Here is video: Intel Edison problem - YouTube

Can someone help me please?

• 1. Re: Problem with Intel Edison
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi Matejic,

According to your video, the issue is that when you disconnect the USB port there is no response from the Edison, right? I think the issue is caused by the Arduino sketch. Could you tell us what image version the Edison has? You can check it by running the command configure_edison --version in the Edison's console.

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: Problem with Intel Edison
            Matejic

Hi Diego,

thanks for reply.

Yes that's the issue no response from the Edison. Like there are no communication with Intel Edison and Arduino MCU.

When I disconnect the USB cable he don't response and when i connect it again he don't response. I must upload Arduino sketch again so he will work till next time USB cable disconnected.

The image version is the latest from you site (edison-iotdk-image-280915). When i type configure_edison --version he show me 159.devkit

Can you help me to try something to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Matejic

• 3. Re: Problem with Intel Edison
              DiegoV_Intel

Hi Matejic,

Yes, that behavior with the Arduino sketches is a known issue with the image version 159.devkit. I recommend you to re-flash the Edison module with one of the following images:

The 159 version is newer; however there is a known issue with it too. Fortunately there is a workaround for it. Check the following thread for additional details about the workaround: Run Arduino sketch on boot Workaround. I posted both images so you can decide which one to flash, but I would try to use the version 146 since there aren’t issues reported with the Arduino sketches with the 146 version.

Regarding the newest image (159.devkit), there aren't workarounds for this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed in future releases.

Regards,

Diego.

• 4. Re: Problem with Intel Edison
                Matejic

Thanks Diego,

the problem is with image file version Version 159.

Now it'w work with Version 146 over WiFi with not usb cable connected.

Thanks again