5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 7:03 AM by DiegoV_Intel

Problem with programming

Idot9914@

Hello, I have a problem with my board. I turned it on and I tried to program it but at some point it broke. I used a code for ADC .From that moment I've tried in vain to make it work. Was it possible to make shortcircuit between a pin that I powered and GND? Is it another possibility to program it or should I buy another board?

• 1. Re: Problem with programming
          DiegoV_Intel

Hello Idot9914@,

Did you have external circuitry connected to your Galileo? From your description, I understand that there is no LED activity at all when you power the board, is it correct?

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: Problem with programming
            Idot9914@

Yes, there is no light activity. The leds are on only when I remove the IOREF jumper. Is it another possibility to program the board?

• 3. Re: Problem with programming
              DiegoV_Intel

Hello Idot9914@,

If there is no LED activity when you power the board, then it must be damaged. Just to make sure the issue is not caused by the power supply, I recommend you to check if it is working fine. You could try powering the board with another power supply too.

Anyhow, from your description it seems that the board is damaged. If you bought it recently I recommend you to contact the place of purchase, but if you have the board since a while ago, I recommend you to submit a warranty ticket using the following form: Intel® Support. The Warranty Team might help you with this issue.

Regards,

Diego.

• 4. Re: Problem with programming
                Idot9914@

The power supply is ok. Isn't another possibility to program the board besides the mini USB ?

• 5. Re: Problem with programming
                  DiegoV_Intel

Hi Idot9914@,

The only way to upload an Arduino sketch or to flash the module is through the USB port. Have you tried to access the Edison's terminal? Anyhow, if there is no LED activity when the board is powered and the power supply is fine, then the board must be damaged. I recommend you to contact the place of purchase, or to submit a warranty ticket using the form I posted above.

Regards,

Diego.