10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2016 2:59 PM by Frenchie2

Installed a EXPI9302CT Network Adapter - What causes "Connection Status: Failed" & "Cable Link Status: Failed" and everything else passed but it does not work?

Frenchie2

I have a Dell Vostro with Intel Quad 4 i3 processor.  It has Win pro  7 (64-bit).  The wired network adapter failed and so I replaced it with an Intel EXPI9301CTBLK (82574).

With the new network adapter I cannot connect to the internet.  I have reinstalled the driver a couple of times.  The driver is called PROWinx64.exe on the flash drive and Intel(R) Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter Driver Version 12.7.28.0 in the device manager under Network adapters.  I have disabled the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.  I've actually physically removed and re-installed the adapter to make sure the contacts were all making good contact.  The CAT 5 cables I'm working with to connect to the internet are the same as the ones I use with the other computer and they work fine.  I've tried different ports on the router.  All the ports work fine on the other computer - so that not the problem.

So when testing under Desktop Adapter Properties - Diagnostics - everything passes except the two as described in the question. ("Connection Status: Failed" & "Cable Link Status: Failed")

So what did I miss or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any and all help!

Frenchie2