3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 9:49 AM by DiegoV_Intel

ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON ARDUINO!!!

Deeznuts

Alright, i am...this is going to be hard to express cause im so feed up with Arduino, so excuse me. I am new to programming and the whole IDE concept, i bought a maker book on getting started with Galileo, using the Arduino method.

I couldnt even get the light to blink, so i said screw it let me just try eclipse and use C++. Eclipse worked, i got the led to blink, but there are no resources what so ever on how to program Galileo using Eclipse/c++ and all literature i run across online or in the store assumes that you want to learn arduino, and my experience wih arduino is horrible and makes me feel like a idiot, being that i cant even get a light to blink!!!!

Im frustrated, cause doing this with eclipse is nearly impossible because there is no literature or intstruction provided for it! I tried arduino again and got this, undecipherable to me, feedback when i tried to run the blink sketch:...screw i give up, it wont even let me co[y and paste the output!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silly, its a ton of text which yould take me a half hour to type hear, but it ends saying:

* line 56: /dev/ttyS2: Permission denied

- GUY SERIOUSLY ****** WITH THE STATE OF THE ART