7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 10:12 AM by EstebanC_Intel

TXE Code 10

tperki

Hi:

I have a NUC DN2820FYKH that I recently updated the BIOS to rev 52. I am running Windows 10. I noticed yesterday that the TXE had stopped working with a Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried reloading the driver, but that did not work to solve the problem. I went into the BIOS (cannot remember the screen), but the trusted execution screen had an odd message. I figured my issue was the newer BIOS, so I tried reflashing back to rev 48 (the last one I had on my flash drive). The unit rebooted to the flash utility, went through about three or four of the update messages and then just hung. Now I cannot get the unit to boot at all. I have tried some of the troubleshooting tips on this message board (removing everything, then installing memory, then etc), to no avail.

Is there anyway to recover the BIOS, or is it bricked? The unit was bought less than 2 years ago, is this something Intel will handle under warranty?

Any advice...

Thanks.

• 1. Re: TXE Code 10
          EstebanC_Intel

Hello, tperki:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

I would like to know, to which versions have you tried performing the recovery?

A good option would be the latest BIOS version to see if you are able to boot the device.

Find the instructions on how to perform the recovery here: BIOS Update Instructions for Boards and Kits

Download BIOS Update [FYBYT10H.86A]

I look forward to hearing from you and the outcome of this.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 2. Re: TXE Code 10
            tperki

The computer will not boot at all. No matter what I do, it runs for about 3 seconds and then just shuts down.

• 3. Re: TXE Code 10
              EstebanC_Intel

Hello, tperki:

I would like to check if you have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Test the system without RAM, you should receive 3 blinks in the power button, no video will be present.

2. Test your RAM modules separately on each DIMM slot.

3. Also check that all the connections are properly set. (HDMI, power adapter, RAM, SSD, etc.

4. Test the system without any additional components, if it works, add one component at a time in order to check if one of them is the problem.

5. Test a different power adapter if doable

6. Test the system with a different HDMI or DP cable.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 4. Re: TXE Code 10
                tperki

Hello:

1: Yes, tried that. Computer starts, then just shuts down.

2: Computer only has one ram slot. Tried two different RAM sticks, no joy.

3: Confirmed.

4: Tried with just HDMI and HDMI/RAM. No video, computer just shuts down.

5: Don't have a spare power block.

6: Tried on a working HDMI / display. Same result.

Tom

• 5. Re: TXE Code 10
                  EstebanC_Intel

Hello, tperki:

Right now the missing troubleshooting would be to test the system with a different power adapter.

You could request one from Intel Customer Support (Contact Support) or check the warranty of the whole unit as well.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 6. Re: TXE Code 10
                    tperki

I have opened an RMA request and have been assigned a case number, but seem to be getting nowhere. How do I get this moving? I have a dead computer that I would like to have repaired. I received an email asking for SN and SA number, but when I reply I get nowhere. The website is terrible. Every time I go to online chat, its off line. Is there any way to talk to a customer service person?

Help...

• 7. Re: TXE Code 10
                      EstebanC_Intel

Hello, tperki:

Sure there is phone support which would be an expedited form of support.

To get the correct phone number to call access: Contact Support

Select the proper location then product and then phone support should be provided to you. You are not going to be charged for calling this phone number.

Regards,

Esteban C