1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 7:55 PM by joecmay

in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?

joecmay

did the manual flash on the Edison several times everything looks good. I am able to upload the blink sketch. but when i try to setup wifi the get the cursor with no prompt.

after hitting enter twice I get *B0100000063f694 . I'm at a loss. tried different cables with no change help!!!!

• 1. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
          CMata_Intel

Hi joecmay,

Did you follow this tutorial -> IoT - Flash Tool Lite User Manual | Intel® Developer Zone?

Which OS are you using?

Are you able to see the USB Serial Port on the Device Manager?

Which Putty release do you have (go to About)?

Check the settings for the Serial Connection, you should have:

Speed (baud): 115200

Data bits: 8

Stop bits: 1

Parity: None

Flow Control: XON/XOFF

Regards,

Charlie

• 2. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
            joecmay

flash tool lite          yes went well completed 100%

OS windows 10 home shows up as 8.1

ports com5 and com6 ok

baud 115200

none

flow control: xon/xoff

a question comes to my mind should I see anything when the Edison drive opens?

because there is nothing there!

used space 12kb

766 mb availible

thanks in advance

joe may

• 3. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
              CMata_Intel

Hi Joe,

It is normal to not have anything on the Edison Device Unit.

Let’s try by changing the COM port number you are using for the Serial Port. Go to the Device Manager > Ports > USB Serial Port (COMX) right click on it and go to Properties > Port Settings > Advanced… and change the COM Port Number. Try again with Putty.

If this doesn’t work, try flashing the board with the flashall.bat script : How to Run the Flashall Script

Have you tried with another PC? In order to discard problems with the board.

Regards,

Charlie

• 4. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                CMata_Intel

Hi Joe,

Do you still have problems while using Putty with your board?

Let us know if you have updates.

Regards,

Charlie

• 5. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                  joecmay

It continues on, tried all of your sugestions with no change.

different computer,change com ports (did not reconnize edison as being there on different port)

re flashed edison, it says it worked but doesn't change anything.

I have gone so far as getting a second Edison Arduino board same result.

If you can't setup the wifi it makes it brick. My arduino boards preform better at this point.

now i have 2 bricks and 40 plus hours invested.trying to solve this roadblock.

joe may

• 6. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                    joecmay

attache are the output from arduino when i try to upload a sketch that I can put on an arduino

I don't know if this will give any insite as what is going on

Board Intel:i586:izmir_fd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FD

Board Intel:i586:izmir_fg doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FG

Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC

WARNING: Category '' in library DallasTemperature is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Ethernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library EthernetShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SD is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Servo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareServo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library TimerOne is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library WiFi is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino i686 Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

In file included from C:\Users\admin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GRBL-Arduino-Library-master\coolant_control.cpp:21:0:

C:\Users\admin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GRBL-Arduino-Library-master\coolant_control.h:24:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/io.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling.

Invalid library found in C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire

Invalid library found in C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\libraries\Wire

• 7. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                      CMata_Intel

Hi Joe,

Could you attach a screenshot of the error you are getting in Putty?

Before setting the WiFi in your board; are you able to use Putty normally? If you do, could you check that there aren’t error messages in the boot log?

How are you setting your WiFi network on the board?

Do you receive the B0100000063f694 message just after setting the WiFi or after booting the board again?

Have you tried by disabling the USB RNDIS Device on the Device Manager > Network adapters? In order to do this, you will need to connect the USB port closest to the mini switch on the board.

The error you have while compiling the code in the Arduino IDE related to #include <avr/io.h> is because you are using a code for Arduino that uses the avr architecture. After selecting the board as Edison, the Arduino IDE uses the libraries for this board; as you may know the Arduino Boards and the Edison have different architectures and libraries so if you are going to use a code made for Arduino you may need to do some changes in order to make it work.

Regards,

Charlie

• 8. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                        joecmay

the error code is the only thing that shows up in putty B0100000063f694 no screen shot.

putty worked as i think it should have the first time thru the setup. I was able to see my wifi router, input my password and get the IP address 192.168.1.109

at that point I was told to flash the board and from that point on it I get the above error code and no response from the board in putty.

I have no access to the wifi anymore, tried polling the ip address nothing. as I had said in an text I purchased a second board on ebay and I got the same feedback.

this seams to be a common problem from the other feeds on the site.

as far as setting the wifi I can't without putty working to give it the router info.

tried disabling usb rndis in device manager no change. as far as the boot log I don't know where to find it, my computer ? ,on the edison ? On the edison all I see is an empty folder.

Is there another com program that could be used?

• 9. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                          CMata_Intel

Hi Joe,

Let’s flashing the board with the latest image using the flashall script (How to Run the Flashall Script) and try to use Putty again, if this doesn’t work, please do the following:

1. Open the Arduino IDE

2. Open the Serial Monitor windows

3. Upload the following sketch:

void setup() {
                            system("configure_edison --version > /dev/ttyGS0");
                            system("uname -a > /dev/ttyGS0");
                          }
                          void loop() {
                          }

After doing, please send us the output you get on the monitor.

Regards,

Charlie

• 10. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                            joecmay

159.devkit

Linux edison 3.10.17-poky-edison+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 19 12:06:40 C                                                                                                                     EST 2015 i686 GNU/Linux

▒                      **B0100000063f694

• 11. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                              joecmay

it's different but I still don't have access to the edison cursor as shown in the setup screens to set up wifi.

maybe i am getting ahead of you. are you just looking for the feedback in putty?

• 12. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                                CMata_Intel

Hi Joe,

I wanted to see if the flashall process was successful, the version and uname information are from the latest image so the flashall was done successfully.

The error **B0100000063f694 is the only thing you are able to see on Putty, right?

Could you also attach a screenshot of the Device Manager > Ports with both USB ports connected to the PC and another one of the Window of Putty where we could see the COM port you are using?

Regards,

Charlie

• 13. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                                  joecmay

yes the error code is the only thing I see

capture #1.PNG

Capture #2.PNG

sometimes I get nothing at all like this session, this is  after hitting enter.

Joe may

• 14. Re: in putty the only feedback i receive is *B0100000063f694 what gives?
                                    joecmay

this time I got the error code when Putty opened without hitting enter.

Capture #3.PNG

1 2 Previous Next