I would like to report the followin issue with some drivers/funcions under Windows 10. After turning Hyper-V on the AC3 bitstreaming over HDMI (Dolby Digital) stops working. The PCM sound/audio and DTS bitstreaming are working fine/correctly in both cases - when Hyper-V is turned on and off, while AC3 bitstreaming works only with Hyper-V turned off.
The problem occured already under the first release of Windows 10 and I think it applies to all drivers which appeared so far.
Additionally, when you start playing a movie some parts of the screen are rendered as a kind of white semi transparent pixelated areas.
My hardware and software configuration:
- Intel Core i5-4460 Processor
- Intel Haswell-DT GT2 Integrated Graphics Controller [Micro-Star International]
- MSI Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) Motherboard
- Intel Z97 Chipset
- Intel Haswell Mini HD Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C0C&SUBSYS_78501462&REV_06
- YAMACHA RX-V475 amplifier connected over/via HDMI
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Build 10586 x64
- Video driver 184.108.40.20652
- Audio driver 220.127.116.1190
I found a solution. Disable VT-d in UEFI!!!
Bitstreaming AC3 with Hyper-V works well.