4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 3:23 PM by EstebanC_Intel

Nuc6i3syh went to sleep and won't power on (windows10)

Ptrck

Came home tonight unable to wake the nuc. Blue light was on and solid. Powered it off by holding the power button and attempted to turn it back on. Blue light and Ethernet lights came on but nothing on HDMI or edp. Tried pulling the bios pin and then reseating memory but neither had any effect.

Running bios 28

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Nuc6i3syh went to sleep and won't power on (windows10)
          JohanAR2

I have the same problem with shutting down, but using Linux (Fedora 23). It seems like the system goes back to S0 state after shutting down, similar to what was reported for Haswell NUCs: NUC Haswell reboots after shutdown

Mine has no problem booting after I hold the power button to power off though.

Also on NUC6i3SYH and 0028.

• 2. Re: Nuc6i3syh went to sleep and won't power on (windows10)
            EstebanC_Intel

Hello, Ptrck:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

Please try the following and provide me with the outcome:

1. Test the system without RAM, you should receive 3 blinks in the power button, no video will be present.

2. Test your RAM modules separately on each DIMM slot.

3. Are you able to access the BIOS? If not, please perform a BIOS recovery by following the instructions here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005547.html

4. Also check that all the connections are properly set. (HDMI, power adapter, RAM, SSD, etc.

5. Test the system without any additional components, if it works, add one component at a time in order to check if one of them is the problem.

6. Test a different power adapter if doable

7. Test the system with a different HDMI or DP cable.

BIOS update file (0028): Download BIOS Update [SYSKLi35.86A]

Please refer to the screenshot below for Blink codes in the power button of our NUC.

blinks.PNG

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 3. Re: Nuc6i3syh went to sleep and won't power on (windows10)
              Ptrck

1. Test the system without RAM, you should receive 3 blinks in the power button, no video will be present.

I receive the 3 blinks with no ram installed

2. Test your RAM modules separately on each DIMM slot.

Tried both dimms individually in each slot, also purchased memory from a different manufacturer, still solid blue light with no video

3. Are you able to access the BIOS? If not, please perform a BIOS recovery by following the instructions here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005547.html

I am unfortunately unable to see anything on the screen. Also when attempting the bios recovery method, the blue light never starts flashing so I assume its not working (Waited an hour)

4. Also check that all the connections are properly set. (HDMI, power adapter, RAM, SSD, etc.

Verified

5. Test the system without any additional components, if it works, add one component at a time in order to check if one of them is the problem.

Tested it with all and none, the only change in behavior is when I remove all of the ram

6. Test a different power adapter if doable

I only have the power adapter that came with the unit, though I did try it in different outlets

7. Test the system with a different HDMI or DP cable.

Tested with different hdmi/dp cables. Still no video, solid blue light.

• 4. Re: Nuc6i3syh went to sleep and won't power on (windows10)
                EstebanC_Intel

Hello, Ptrck:

Thank you for your answer.

My recommendation would be to check the warranty on this product.

If you purchased the unit less than 30 days ago, request is with the place of purchase, if not, you can contact Intel Customer Support Contact Support and request it, you could also add this thread to expedite the process.

Regards,

Esteban C