Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Video Card Driver Update

JSwif3
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently trying to update the driver for my video card in my laptop (running Windows 7).

I have tried to do this via the 'intel driver update utility' program, however, the download ultimately fails.

Using the program it finds the 'intel chipset device software (INF Update Utility-EXE Only) as the latest version. I click download, which it then does.

I then click install and go through the intall screens and it says

'you have successfully installed the following product:

Intel(R) Chipset Device Software'

Press finish to complete the setup process'

I click finish but then the status of the software in the installation queue changes to failed.

Please can you explain why this is happening and suggest a way of solving the problem.

The driver I currently have in device manager is

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Thanks,

Jace

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Jace:

At the following link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81507/Graphics-Drivers-for-Mobile-Intel-4-Series-Express-Chipset-Family Drivers & Software, you will be able to manually download the latest graphics driver for your graphics controller.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JSwif3
Beginner

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your response.

I have followed the link and tried to install the 'intel graphics media accelerator driver, Windows 7 64 bit' which is the product that displays when you enter my current video driver into the search function.

However, I am getting the following error message:

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Since I am typing my current video driver and it is showing this product I am unsure why this is the case.

Please can you advise on how to overcome this?

THanks

Jace

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

That message indicates that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer, however, you may try forcing the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005474.html How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 7* for Graphics....

Regards.

0 Kudos