11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2016 1:31 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers

aman95

Hi,

I recently formatted by computer. I have installed the drivers through the Intel Drivers CD which is given with the motherboard. Now, i want to install the latest version of all the available drivers. So, I downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility & it downloaded all the available updates. But only 1 of them got installed (it was related to Ethernet), rest all of them failed. Then i tried installing them manually & they are giving me an error "the computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". How is it even possible? I can't install the drivers of my motherboard?
      So help regarding this problem will really appreciable.

PS- I am uploading the screenshot of my PC configuration &Untitled.jpg the error facconfig.jpged

• 1. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
          N.Scott.Pearson

You will need to give us a lot more information. What motherboard? What processor? Are you using a graphics card or just the graphics built into the processor?

• 2. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
            ivanu_intel

Hello aman95,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

According with the picture above the processor model is the Intel® i3-2100 and motherboard DH61WW.

Please try to download and install the graphics driver manually, you can download it here:

Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

For the rest of the driver like the chipset, Intel® ME, LAN etc you can download it at the following link:

Drivers & Software

Regards!

Ivan

• 3. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
              aman95

The processor model is the Intel® i3-2100 and motherboard is DH61WW.

I am using an Nvidia GeForce graphic card as well. But the installation problem is not only with the graphics driver, I can't install the Realtek audio driver or other drivers shown in the Intel driver Update Utility

• 4. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                aman95

Sir,

I downloaded the graphics driver from the link you gave. The installation wizard completely looked normal but as soon as all the files got extracted, i received the same error again- "the computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

install.pngUntitled.png

• 5. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                  N.Scott.Pearson

Do you plug a monitor into one the motherboard's connectors or are they all plugged into the NVIDIA graphics card's connectors. If it is plugged into one of the NVIDIA graphics card's connectors, the i3-2100's graphics engine will be disabled and it would be perfectly normal (and expected!) to see this error message. If you are relying on the NVIDIA graphics card for all of your graphics output then you do not need to install the Intel HD Graphics driver. The i3-2100's graphics engine will be enabled only if (a) you have the BIOS configuration set to always enable the i3-2100's graphics engine, (b) you are using the VIRTU software to display the output of the two graphics engines together and (c) you have at least one monitor plugged into one of the motherboard's connectors.

...S

• 6. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                    ivanu_intel

It is very strange that this driver can’t be installed if it is the one for your system, in this case try to install the driver following the steps at this link:

How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 7* for Graphics...

Please let me know if that help you, if it does not work I will appreciate if you can post the msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
                    2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
                    3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
                    4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Regards,

Ivan

• 7. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                      aman95

Right now my monitor is connected in the NVIDIA graphics card's connectors. After reading your post, I tried to plug it into the motherboard's output connector. After doing that, the monitor screen went blank. Nothing came up on it even after restarting the computer. There should be an option to use the motherboard output, right? 
                      I want to use the combined power of NVIDIA graphics & Intel graphics for gaming, that's why I want to enable the Intel graphics as well. (I don't know if this is possible or not as I don't have enough knowledge of this topic)

• 8. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                        aman95

Thanks for the link. I followed the procedure but I was unable to complete it as I got stuck at one point. Under the display drivers tab in Device manager, there should be an option of Intel Graphics Controller but it isn't there in my computer (I don't know why). The driver must be disabled or something. I am posting the screenshot & msinfo32 file as well. device manager.png

• 9. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                          ivanu_intel

In this case, you will not see the Intel® graphics there because it is disabled once the video card is installed, you will need to use one or the other but not both.

This is how it works with this Intel system.

Regards,

Ivan 

• 10. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                            aman95

OK, thanks for helping. Can you tell me if there is a way to disable the Nvidia Graphics (without physically removing out the graphic card from the motherboard) & use the Intel Graphics?

• 11. Re: I am unable to install the latest Intel drivers
                              N.Scott.Pearson

If you go into the BIOS' video configuration, you can set the Intel HD Graphics to always be enabled and always primary. After you save and reboot, it will be looking for the monitor to be connected to the motherboard's video connector(s), so, once you see the reboot taking place, power off and move the monitor(s) to the motherboard connectors. When you get into Windows, you will be running on the default Microsoft video driver. Install the Intel HD Graphics driver at this point and reboot.

At this point, understand that you will be using the Intel HD Graphics and completely ignoring the NVIDIA card. There is nothing provided by Intel that you can use to enable the use of both solutions. You might be able to purchase a version of the VIRTU software that works with this board, but I am not sure...

...Scott