Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Windows 8 Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

CGall7
New Contributor I

Above is the 'requires further installation' in my device manager for my intel graphics card...

this is the notice that happens over and over again, annoying as can be... !!

This frequently happens also, pictures go kablooey...

Something is preventing my Nvidia graphics card from installing any updates by preventing access to Nvidia website to update ... Possibly this crap?

I downloaded the file suggested. Will report back if it seems to work... Might take a few days to be sure... In the meantime, anything helpful about the above problems is welcomed.

5 Replies
CGall7
New Contributor I

Also, this is another issue... Periodically, my wifi keeps going off and this is what is found in device manager, ANOTHER instance of 'further installation required...

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? All of these intel items in a brand new HP laptop going haywire?

0 Kudos
CGall7
New Contributor I

Your 'fix' does not work... This is the error message received...

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello cjgallagher23,

Intel provides http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ generic versions of drivers for general purposes. Your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information.

What you are seeing is the event log of the drivers, when they were not installed and then when they were installed. /servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-362324-249292/Capture13.PNG .

I suggest confirming the laptop drivers with the Original Equipment Manufacturer in order to ensure you have the latest drivers released by them.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos
CGall7
New Contributor I

But I got the laptop on November 20... So it arrived that way... I downloaded the latest drivers on December 5th myself from the HP website because the error messages wouldn't stop... it changed nothing... I'm still getting it... I downloaded the newest drivers from HP site today that were issued on Dec 25 this year... then got another error message later on...

If the laptop came to me with that 'needs further installation message (which it did), does that mean that it wasn't finished when it was shipped? or am I misunderstanding?

0 Kudos
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello cjgallagher23,

I suggest confirming with laptop manufacturer if they have any suggestions or workaround.

I also suggest uninstalling current driver and trying to reinstall latest one provided by Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Please provide your laptop model and brand and http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html?wapkw=graphics+driver+report Intel® Graphics Driver Report for Graphics Drivers .

Let us know if they provide any suggestions.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos