7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 5:44 AM by cicciocanestro

My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.

Milky

Hi,

My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.

After execution, "Procedures entry point WDU_GetPortNumber could not find in WDAPI1140.dll"  is shown in pop-up dialogue, and quit execution.

I can not flash my board by Phone Flash Too Lite.

I have two 64 bits Windows 7 computers. Both computer have same this phenomena.

Both my computers are installed Intel Arduino IDE(1.6.5) and ordinaly Arduino (1.7.8) for Arduino M0 programming on different folder.

The phenomena is still remained after uninstall ordinaly Arduino (1.7.8).

Help me!

Milky

• 1. Re: My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.
          Intel_Peter

Hello Milky,

When exactly is this showing? Is it after installing Flash Tool Lite? Or, is it when trying to flash a board?

Could you send us a screenshot of the error message?

However, if you still run into issues when trying to flash your board, you could use the Flashall Script.

Peter.

• 2. Re: My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.
            CMata_Intel

Hi Milky,

Do you have updates on this? Have you been able to work with your board again?

Did you try with the flashall script?

Regards,

Charlie

• 3. Re: My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.
              Milky

Hi Charlie,

Phone Flash Too Lite was seemed to be installed correctly.  I could execute this as it is by double click on Phone Flash Too Lite icon on desktop.

SCRN_PhoneFlashToolLite.jpg

Immediately, above error  dialog was shown. Error dialog is written in Japanese. The meaning is "Procedures entry point WDU_GetPortNumber could not find in WDAPI1140.dll".

After posting for this forum, I could flash my board by using "reboot ota", which is not recommended method. 

And one of two Windows 7 computer was formatted, and installed Windows 7 again and Intel Auduino IDE and Phone Flash Too Lite.  Phone Flash Too Lite can work correctly.

Have a nice day!

Milky

• 4. Re: My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.
                KurtE

FYI - My windows machine can no longer run the flashtool lite either.  It used to work, not sure if it stopped working before or after I updated my machine to windows 10 from windows 7.

The error message I receive is very similar:

The procedure entry point WDU_GetPortNumber could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Program Files(x86)\Intel\Phone Flash Tool Lite\xfstk-dldr-api.dll.

I have not tried it in awhile, but the last time I tried, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still did not work.  The last time I updated my Edison I was able to use the Mac version.

Note: I have not checked today if there might be a new version to download or not.  Will check again when/if there is a new Image for the Edison. 

• 5. Re: My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.
                  KurtE

Quick update: For the heck of it I tried reinstalling the Phone lite tool again and still failed, then I tried installing again, but this time said to use advanced options.  I then had it install the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable, even though it said that the criteria was met.  After this completed, the tool then loads.

It still did not want to flash the Edison I tried, two different ones, but maybe problem is what was on them, or... But at least the tool ran.  So you might try reinstalling the c run time and see if that helps.

• 6. Re: My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.
                    Cyril31

This DLL is from Jungo driver. When installing PFT, please make sure you select "Advanced" option, and "Intel DnX USB Driver".

WDAPI1140.dll will be installed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: My computer cannot run Phone Flash Tool Lite.
                      cicciocanestro

I’m trying to install the Intel softwarePlatformFlashToolLite_5.5.2.0_win32 /(I havwe a PC winth Windos 10 64 bit)
                      Every time I try to install the arrival installation “dnx usb driver” and implants windows. All blocked, the arrows of the mouse remains motionless.
                      I turn off brutally and relight, PC will crash during boot time.
                      It should restore the operating system.
                      I have already tried 3-4 times and each time I have to restore windows 10.

What should I do?