3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2015 5:56 PM by RGee

Arrived yesterday - Arduino 101

RGee

Arduino 101 F&B.jpg

The packaging reminds me of a small deck of cards.

Arduino 101 IMG_8312.jpg

Hey, we can't complain that it is not really Arduino-compatible since it says Arduino right on the board

Curie IMG_8326.jpg

An interesting and humble chunk of silicon here.

Been reading the specs and perusing the schematic - This board looks sweet!

Will we soon see a board for this board?

Cheers,

DrG

• 1. Re: Arrived yesterday - Arduino 101
          PabloM_Intel

Hi RGee,

Could you please be a bit more specific? What do you exactly mean by a board for the Arduino 101? About the product, it’s an addition to Intel’s growing portfolio of products for learners and makers. It’s an easy-to-use board based on the Intel Curie module and is ideal for entry-level developers.

If you’re referring to the Boards available in the Arduino IDE, you’ll just need to install the package directly from the IDE. Click on Tools, go to Board, click on Boards manager, and look for the Intel Curie Platform. Keep in mind that you’ll need to use the latest Arduino IDE, which I believe is 1.6.7.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

• 2. Re: Arrived yesterday - Arduino 101
            RGee

PabloM_Intel wrote:

Hi RGee,

Could you please be a bit more specific? What do you exactly mean by a board for the Arduino 101? /-snip-/.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

Hi PabloM_Intel,

What I meant by "a board" was a board like we are typing on right now, except for the 101. Perhaps, I should have used the word "forum".  Are there plans to have a dedicated forum for the Arduino 101 as with other Intel boards?

• 3. Re: Arrived yesterday - Arduino 101
              RGee

...and now that I have been reading and playing around with it a bit, I stumbled across this page Arduino 101* Board | Learn the Basics and Become a Maker which has a link to a discussion forum here Arduino 101 So, I guess the forum will be part of the Arduino group rather than Intel's as is this one.

Checked out and ran several of the examples and am anxious to learn more.

I will now mark my own question as answered

1 of 1 people found this helpful