Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel Ethernet Drivers Causing High DPC Latency

PKohr
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently running a z170 Asus Deluxe motherboard with an overclocked 6700k. I recently found that my Ethernet drivers are causing large spikes resulting in pops and clicks which is making it difficult for me to work as I am working in audio. From checking Latencymon, I have found that my adapters, I219-V and I211, are causing some problems with I211 causing the most. If disabled, everything works fine. Some additional programs which routinely pop up as problem causes are NT Kernal & System, Direct X, Intel Rapid Storage, and Ndis.sys. I am unsure what the NT kernal & system program is. The driver number for my network connections is 20.2.4001.0. I am currently running on Windows 10, and to my knowledge of crosschecking intel's driver page and my device manager, everything should be up to date. Any help would be much appreciated so I may return to work!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Dear Confuzzled,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

I understand that you are experiencing latency on your system. We recommend to try tuning the network connection for better performance. Please see below:

1. Reduce Interrupt Moderation Rate to Low, Minimal, or Off
  2. Increase the Transmit Descriptors buffer size. The default is 256. Maximum value is 2048.
  3. Increase the Receive Descriptors buffer size. The default is 256. Maximum value is 2048.
  4. Disable TCP/IP offloading options. TCP/UDP Checksum offload, IPv4 Checksum Offload, etc.

Please find the links to our support site below for easy reference:

1. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005593.html Intel® Ethernet 10/100 and Gigibit Adapter Advanced Settings for...

2. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005811.html Tuning Intel® Ethernet Adapter Throughput Performance for Network and...

In case you continue to encounter the same issue, please report it to Asus* for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos