Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

I am getting the following intermittent error "App. blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

JCald6
Beginner

I have Inter Graphics 4600 Driver date 8/4/2015 driver version 10.18.15.4248

I would like to know if i can update to driver version 15.40.10.64.4300

I ran the Processor Identification With the following results CPU Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 PU @ 3.40GHZ

Any Help appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VTran8
Novice

Try disabling CMAA in 3D of Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. I got this problem many times when I play games with CMAA enabled.

0 Kudos
JCald6
Beginner

Thanks for the response UnluckyGod, I should have mentioned that had be done, and did not help.

Last night I removed and reinstalled the graphics driver

also changed Custom Settings to: Application settings and Driver settings

and this morning after doing the Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle for 30 minutes, it Failed again and closed the program.

I don't recall this happening a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if some microsoft update has not caused this problem.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Joe935:

This inquiry has already been submitted and answered on our forum here; /thread/60291 how can I fix "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware"?.

Which then points you to this page http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005482.html Errors Reported By Microsoft for Graphics Drivers which walks you through some troubleshooting techniques.

Please attempt these and let us know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JCald6
Beginner

I think I resolved the problem by downloading new driver from:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Joe935, thank you for sharing your feedback.

Regards.

0 Kudos