13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 10:44 PM by Cesar Badilla

INTEL COMPUTE STICK

Bazxm

I have a Compute Stick. It has gone wrong (as have loads) via the update on windows 10. The advice (on forum) was to send back for a replacement. I notice that a fellow user has done just that and it has gone wrong via the update again!

Firstly can I download a file from intel to reinstall windows 8.1 to make it back to original state?

I can reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive but cannot activate as I have no windows code.

On the intel website I have tried to find an e-mail address to ask intel for advice but cannot find one.

I have tried to go through the warranty options but the website sends me in circles.

HELP please!

Barry (Bazxm)

• 1. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
          mikec_intel

Hi Bazxm,

It is possible to replace the Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC using the page below.

Contact Support

The operating system image is provided by Microsoft® and it is not possible to download it from our website.

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
            Bazxm

Hi Mike C

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did contact them last week, when i eventually managed to navigate through the circles.

I have a case number 00226137 but have not heard anything since.

Do i need to login to receive a reply or is it just inactive for the Christmas period?

• 3. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
              Cesar Badilla

Hello Bazxm,

Thanks for your patience.

Please allow  from 2 -3  business days for support to answer your request. You may also try contacting Via phone  Contact Support

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

• 4. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                Bazxm

Hi again,

I have received an email saying:

#00226137 has been updated.

You can click the following link to login and view/update the request or get additional information (including the ability to create new service requests, view any current and closed service requests, check the status of your warranty returns, and validate warranty):

customercare.intel.com

When i use the link i then get:

How can i access this information as the Live Chat seems unavailable and the daytime only phone times are inconvenient.

I am covered under the warranty and am lead to believe the compute stick needs to be replaced.

Is it not possible to receive an emailed reply? Perhaps containing an RMA number and return information?

I have been with an inoperable device for over 10 days now and i am trying to be patient.

Regards

Barry (Bazxm)

• 5. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                  Cesar Badilla

Hello Bazxm,

Thank you for your patience.

I have notified the corresponding department and they should be contacting you soon.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

• 6. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                    Cesar Badilla

Hello

I have been notified you were contacted today, please check if you could see the response provided at   https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                      Bazxm

Hi,

The link takes me here:Hyperlink.jpg

What do I do from here?

Regards

Barry

• 8. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                        Cesar Badilla

Hello Bazxm,

Click on the sign in button at the upper right corner of the screen and enter your credentials.

Additionally, you could try checking your email in order to see if you got any updates there.

Regards

Caesar B_Intel.

• 9. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                          Bazxm

Hi again

Caesar,

The sign in just bounces me back to the same 'New Service Request' page.

I am using a chrome browser, but have also tried this in Egde and Internet Explorer.

Could this be something to do with pop-ups? Or is the link just unresponsive?

Regards

Barry

• 10. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                            Bazxm

PS.

No emails.

• 11. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                              Cesar Badilla

In this particular case I suggest checking your provided email address and if there is not response there then Contact Support

• 12. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                                Bazxm

I have eventually managed to locate 'my intel profile' on the site. My e-mail address is correct!

When I login if i use a support link i seem to be logged out again and cannot find a way to login through the support section. This is most infuriating.

I have now received a direct e-mail from the support team

I have been trying to repair my unusable device for near on three weeks now.

I have been navigating in circle on your web site being unable to access the info from Intel.

But I am finally there!!

A special thanks to you Cesar Badilla on the forum for your help.

The system repair had become corrupt with my efforts to fix,

but now after a simple Bios update I have manged to reinstall Windows 10 from a Microsoft download on

my usb drive.

Thanks to  Ricardo too at support for this information.

SO IN CONCLUSION (For all you fellow sufferers out there) YOU NEED A RECENT BIOS UPDATE TO RUN WINDOWS 10 CORRECTLY

Regards Barry

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: INTEL COMPUTE STICK
                                  Cesar Badilla

Hello Bazxm,

I am glad to hear you were able to solve the issue with the Intel®  Compute Stick and hope this information will help other users solve this type of issue in the future.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.