Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

problem with world of warcraft

LBaus1
Beginner

With the most recent updated to my intel graphics card, I have begun encountering lock up issues in World of Warcraft and similar online games. After much troubleshooting and several support tickets from these various games, I have come to the conclusion, with some help that it is an issue with the driver caused by the most recent update. Right now the only workaround is to revert to a previous driver, something not easily done by any stretch of the imagination on my laptop or wait until the issue is fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

point of reference my installed driver is:

Intel(HD) Graphics Family version 10.18.15.4256

when I run a search through my device manager, it states that this is the most up to date and best version of this driver.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, lewbau88:

Could you please let us know the following:

• Confirm the driver version installed. Go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.
  • Do you get any error message?
  • What kind of crash do you get? If you can attach a screenshot of the issue, it will help to narrow this matter.
  • Operating system.
  • CPU model.
  • Computer model.
  • Have you contacted your computer manufacturer in regard to this matter? It's possible that your computer requires a customized driver that it might provide a fix for issue like this one

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
LBaus1
Beginner

Thank you Amy,

Driver Version: 10.18.15.4256

The error message I get is about my graphics driver failing, though sadly I haven't been able to capture it via screen shot, I only see it for a very brief moment and I'm not sure what kind of crash it is.

The operating system I'm using is Windows 10

I think my CPU Model is: Intel Core i5 4210U (1.70 GHz)

and that my Computer model is: X555LA-DB51

I have not contacted the manufacturer yet, that was my next step but I wanted to see if there was anything I can do first.

Thank you

0 Kudos
BN2
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue and the same graphics driver.

Brad

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Please try installing the following driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen], if the issue persists try installing the driver from your computer manufacturer https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/X555LA/HelpDesk_Download/ X555LA | Notebooks | ASUS USA.

0 Kudos