Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Intel HD graphics 4600 freezing in normal usage but works fine while gaming

RVish
Beginner

I have lenovo y50-70 laptop

with following specs

intel i7 4710HQ

8gb ram

4gb nvidia gtx 860m graphics

windows 8.1 pro

intel hd driver version 10.18.14.4294

the problem is my laptop works fine while gaming

but it freezes and require force shutdown when using for normal usage

i have latest intel hd drivers as well as latest nvidia drivers

i tried setting "DisplayOptimizations" that may be set to 0x1d setting it to 0x0 may help other settings to check are "NoFastLinkTrainingForeDP"

it freezes after few minutes

my question is is it a hardware problem ?

if it is then why it works fine while gaming ?

i searched alot on net and founf it is due to voltage dropage

but i believe it is problem from intel drivers because i found a same thread with same problem as m having

please try to help

i need expert advice

in the end i find ultimate solution to get new motherboard but i believe it is driver problem

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Robinvish,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please try the following driver; this is a Beta driver that Intel released on 11/20/2015.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Let me know if this driver can help you.

Regards!

Ivan

0 Kudos
RVish
Beginner

Hello Ivanu_intel

thanks for the reply

beta drivers do not contain intel hd 4600 i tried intalling them it says "Driver found but it does not support windows version "

i have clean installed windows 8.1pro 64 bit and beta drivers were of 64 bit only

I set manual registry of DisplayOptimization to 0x0

my laptop freezes after 5 10 mins now

the amazing thing is it does not freezes while gaming

but in normal use

if u can help me with registry settings for minimal intel hd graphics that will help me to run my laptop on nvidia gtx 860m that would be great

i think the problem is with registry setting or minimum voltage issue or memory issue

i dont think its hardware issue if it was i couldn't use graphics at all so help me in providing MINIMAL INTEL HD GRAPHICS settings through registry

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm sorry Robinvish but we can provide you with the driver but we are unable to do any configuration with the registry, if a customer wants to do that it will be under their own risk.

What are the games you are playing?

Could you please reply with your system graphics report?

Go to Intel® Graphics and Control Panel > Options > information Center > Save.

Also, I will appreciate if you can post the msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Regards!

Ivan

0 Kudos
RVish
Beginner

Hey Ivan_intel

yester I installed windows 10 but clean installation

I installed intel and NVidia graphics

and changed some registry settings like DisplayOptimizations to 0x0 and TdrDelay to 360(TdrDelay in GraphicsDriver)

freezing is less frequent

but it occurs in normal use search as browsing videos music not in heavy tasks like gaming I can play games for hours without any freeze

I did no overclocking or system in also in normal temperature

this is temporary solution I guess

can you provide me a permanent one ?

I am attaching MSINFO and Intel Graphics reporthttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B890TULioQgLUHhCQ2lvVFROUDA/view?usp=sharing Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Friday, December 25, 2015.txt - Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B890TULioQgLdkEyZ0tqUlVnRUk/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B890TULioQgLdkEyZ0tqUlVnRUk/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

In this case what I can recommend is to try to install this generic driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

If it does not work I recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for customized graphics driver and support.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
RVish
Beginner

Problem persist in normal use only

but it works fine in heavy tasks

its something related to low power or the gpu voltage drops and freeze

I thought if u can help me with some settings to use my intel gpu lesser and NVidia all the time

windows works fine when I disable intel hd graphics but cant use NVidia without it

diagnose of hardware states everything is fine

at last ill go for replacement of my motherboard

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

In this case how the NVidia and the Intel® graphics work depends from your system manufacturer, the settings and specifications they have installed in your system.

At this point the best support for you will be with your system manufacturer.

0 Kudos