4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 4:26 PM by PabloM_Intel

Intel Edison, libmysqlclient-dev and Eclipse

acape94

Hi! I need help!! Some days ago, I tried to use the libmysqlclient-dev with Eclipse for programming the intel edison but... it doesn't work I haven't found the solution yet, and I want to someone say me how can I to use this libary in Eclipse. I have a x64 based system (Ubuntu). Thanks.

• 1. Re: Intel Edison, libmysqlclient-dev and Eclipse
          PabloM_Intel

Hi acape94,

What did you try exactly? Did you get a specific error message from Eclipse that you can remember? We would like to have some more details so we can try to help you with the issue, so if you can share pictures of these messages that would be great.

Which image are you using? Have you made any changes to it?

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

• 2. Re: Intel Edison, libmysqlclient-dev and Eclipse
            mhahn

if you need to add a lib to Eclipse I guess you have to manually put it (i.e. Edison libs and header files) into the corresponding subfolders in "devkit-x86\sysroots\i586-poky-linux\usr". If it's a package you have installed on Edison you can check the files with

opkg files <package_name>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Intel Edison, libmysqlclient-dev and Eclipse
              acape94

Happy New Year! Well, I think that I explained bad... I'm trying to send data from Intel Edison (with a C++ Program) to a MySQL Database in other computer. For this, I installed libmysqlclient-dev in my ubuntu 14.04 and after, I installed Intel version of Eclipse. The problem is that when I try to configure Eclipse for using the library (libmysqlclient-dev), when I compile the code of the Edison program, It shows an error that it means that the library is for x64 based computer and Intel Edison needs x32. Apart from this, I have other problem, how can I install the library on intel edison for being able to execute the program? Thank you.

PD: I don´t know how I can install any libraries....

• 4. Re: Intel Edison, libmysqlclient-dev and Eclipse
                PabloM_Intel

Hi acape94,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error that Eclipse is showing?

As for the other question, you might want to check this site: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/559022. There you’ll find what mhahn shared in his last post but with some more details.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel