0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2009 2:44 PM by bmarsolais

WinXP cannot find drive even though Matrix Storage Manager 8.9 says it is there.

bmarsolais

I have a DP35DP motherboard with 5 hard drives.  I am running XPsp3 on a Windows Home Server network.  Two 80 GB are configured as a RAID1 drive C, two 160 GB drives are configured as a RAID1 drive D, or at least they were.  The fifth drive is a 80 GB used as a scratch drive.  The problems started when one of the 80 GB drives started to fail.  I purchased two 500 GB Seagate Barracuda drives and replaced the 80 GB drive.  I then used the WHS restore disk.  It would then say I was not connected to the network, which I was.  I booted from the Ubunto CD and connected to the network with out problems.  Next I rtried to load WinXPsp1A from scratch.  It would go through the file load section, reboot, and them crash while loading drivers giving a message saying, "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL" with the following numbers: 0x0000000A, 0x00000010, 0x00000002, and 0x8051AA58".  According to Microsoft there are several possible causes, but the most likely sound like a bad driver.  Not being able to get past this, I reinstalled the original 80 GB hard drives, and now the computer cannot see the original 160 GB drives that were in the machine in the first place.  I deleted and restored the 160GB RAID, reinitialized in through Matrix Storage Console 8.9, and the original 80GB install of XP which worked fine (other than the intermittant RAID rebuild) still cannot see the 160 GB RAID drive D.  Can anyone give me some help.  I hve not found anything on the discussion bord that seems to answer this issue.  Thanks you in advance.