Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 shown as Intel® Dualband Wireless-AC 7260 in Device Manager

KKötz
Beginner

Hey guys,

do you know if its normal that the Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 is shown as Intel® Dualband Wireless-AC 7260 in Device Manager under the Networkadapters Tab?

Ive problems getting Wigig to work on a Dell Latitute E5550. The Wigig Application is allways showing "Wigig reagiert nicht" recommending me to restart my PC, which doesnt help.

Its the same whether or not i use the original Dell Driver/Wigig Application from support.dell.com or the Drivers/Wigig App found on the Intel Site.

According to the spec sheet of the 17265, it contains the 7265 to provide support normal WLAN and Bluetooth connectivity, so i guess its the correct status shown in the device manager. But then i am totaly lost, not knowing how to get the Wigig App working.

I also tried another 17265 in this PC, to rule out a defect of the card itself. But the issue is still the same.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Rium,

Before we go any further we would like to confirm if this adapter is the original one installed by factory.

0 Kudos
KKötz
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

preinstalled was a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, which got replaced by a Dell Technican with the 17265. Also the LCD Backcover and WLAN-Antenna got replaced by the correct one for WiGig functionality.

According to Dell, the E5550 is now equipped with the same Hardware as a Out-Of-The-Box Wigig capable E5550.

The only thing i did not try so far is a complete reinstallation of the Operating System, which i hoped to get around by some software troubleshooting.

But still, the Dual Band Wireless-AC Card displayed in the device manager is confusing me.

By the way... are there Ubuntu/Linux Drivers for Wigig? So i may be able to test the Wigig functionality with a Live-OS before reinstalling completely.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Rium,

In this particular case, we recommend that you contact Dell* for support regarding this issue as Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for...

You also may find more information on how to use Intel® WiGig technology by accessing this other link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007805.html?wapkw=intel+tri-band+wireless-ac+17265 Frequently Asked Questions About WiGig for Network and I O and also here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Intel%20Tri-Band%20Wireless-AC%2017265&toplevelcategory=Support# keyword%3Dintel%20tri-band%20wireless-ac%2017265&filters%3DTarget%20Audience/Support&shadowFilters= Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265

As for your question whether it is normal to show in device manager as the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 the answer is yes, it will show like that for the Wi-Fi as for WiGig it will show as Intel® Dual Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265.

0 Kudos