Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

can't update to last driver and stretching

BBogd1
Novice

1. When i use the utility to search for the last driver, it finds it, but doesn't let me install it, instead he installs an older version..:C

When i try to do it manually, it says that:

/message/205640# 205640 Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

2. Scale full-screen doesn't work on windows 10:C, on 8.1 i worked very fine, even i had an option in plus 'overwrite...', at least on cs:go doesn't work, dunno about the rest of games... I really wanna play 4:3 stretched cs:go:C Help

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems, somehow something messes up and installs me the wrong driver, i was receiving automatically the wrong driver for 3th generation, my processor is 4th haswell, i succesfully installed the latest driver for 4th generation haswell, but still i can't play 4:3 stretched, scaling full-screen doesn't work, because i dont have that w8.1 option to overwrite.

Please help me with the scaling problem

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello fanatycme,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

If you try to install the driver from the Intel website and it does not meet the minimum requirements to be installed is because your driver has been customized and it needs to be provided by your system manufacturer.

Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information.

Please be aware that Intel is working with scaling on Windows 10 driver, the generic driver does not have the scaling option.

Regards!

Ivan

0 Kudos