2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2010 7:28 AM by msram622

D102GGC2 Won't boot with two memory cards

I have a desktop that uses an Intel D102GGC2 board, Celeron 2.53 processor, and two one-gig memory cards. After several years of service, the computer suddely will not load Windows (XP Home, up to date). Black screen says that Windows didn't load, gives choice of safe mode, normal start, etc. None of them will load Windows - all just loop back to the same screen.

Removing one memory card allows normal operation. Either memory card will work in either slot. Put both in, and Windows will not load. I swapped another C Drive in, and it does the same thing. I see nothing in the BIOS that could cause this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wally

• 1. Re: D102GGC2 Won't boot with two memory cards
          msram622

Hi,

Even I have similar problem. I had two 550 Mhz based 512MB DDR2 RAM's, I replaced it with two 667Mhz based 1 GB DDR2 RAM's. After that I am regularly getting restarts (sometimes after logging on, sometimes during the initial boot itself).

Are 1 GB cards not supported in the board or is there some configuration needed?

Once I replace them with the original RAM's this issue is resolved. If I use one 1 GB card and one 512 MB card, it restarts sometimes and sometimes not.

I am quite frustrated as I cannot utilize my new 2 * 1 GB RAM cards.

I have had to reinstall Windows fully to resolve this issue as my file systems files got corrupt initially because of these restarts. Can someone please help?

Regards,

Sivaram

• 2. Re: D102GGC2 Won't boot with two memory cards
            msram622

Hi,

My problem is resolved. I did a memory test of my RAM by downloading the Memtest tool from below location (Burn the ISO image for creating bootable CD (Windows - zip) in a CD to run MemTest).

http://www.memtest86.com/

One of the RAM's happened to have errors, that was the problem. When it was replaced with a good one, this issue was resolved and I am running the 2 GB DDR2-667 based RAM's fine on my board.

Regards,

Sivaram