6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 1:30 PM by Intel_Peter

sensor DHT and Arduino 1.6.6 Help please

vianney

Hello everybody,
      I am in big trouble, that's three days I did manage to do anything ...
      I installed the new version of Arduino is since I have all these error message appears:

Warning: platform.txt heart of Arduino Boards i586 'Contains recipe.ar.pattern = "{} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path}"} {compiler.ar.flags "build.path {} / {} ARCHIVE_FILE ""} {object_file "exceeded automatically converted recipe.ar.pattern =" {} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path} "{compiler.ar.flags}"} {archive_file_path "" object_file {} ". Setting a level that heart is advised.
      Warning: platform.txt heart of Arduino Boards i686 'Contains recipe.ar.pattern = "{} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path}"} {compiler.ar.flags "build.path {} / {} ARCHIVE_FILE ""} {object_file "exceeded automatically converted recipe.ar.pattern =" {} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path} "{compiler.ar.flags}"} {archive_file_path "" object_file {} ". Setting a level that heart is advised.
      Intel card: i586: izmir_fg option does not define "build.board". It is set automatically: I586_IZMIR_FG
      Intel card: i586: izmir_fd does not define "build.board" option. It is set automatically: I586_IZMIR_FD
      Intel card: i686: izmir_ec does not define "build.board" option. It is set automatically: I686_IZMIR_EC
      CAUTION: The category '' in DallasTemperature library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the EEPROM library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the Ethernet library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in EthernetShield library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the OneWire library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the SD library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the SPI library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the Servo library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in SoftwareServo library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in TimerOne library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in USBHost library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the library WiFi is invalid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      CAUTION: The category '' in the OneWire library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
      In file included from C:\Users\viann\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Seeed_Grove_Temperature_And_Humidity_Sensor_g-master\examples\test_seeed_gp\test_seeed_gp.ino:4:0:

C:\Users\viann\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Seeed_Grove_Temperature_And_Humidity_Sensor_g-master/SeeedDHT.h:17:2: error: #error "CPU SPEED NOT SUPPORTED"

#error "CPU SPEED NOT SUPPORTED"

^

exit status 1
      Error when compiling.

Then, for  with the new version of the Arduino starter kit example are no longer Through the Library alor that it is installed in the library.

last point is as you voyer module: Seeed_Grove_Temperature_And_Humidity_Sensor_g-master
      It does not work. I think it's because he can not find the file DHT alor there is ...

help please ...

Arduino Version: 1.6.6
      Intel Version Images Edison edison-iotdk-image-280915

• 1. Re: sensor DHT and Arduino 1.6.6 Help please
          Intel_Peter

Hello vianney,

I was running tests to see if I could replicate your issue and in fact I was, the issue lies not on the IDE or the Edison but on the library. The following messages are normal and will not affect the functionality of the board:

Warning: platform.txt heart of Arduino Boards i586 'Contains recipe.ar.pattern = "{} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path}"} {compiler.ar.flags "build.path {} / {} ARCHIVE_FILE ""} {object_file "exceeded automatically converted recipe.ar.pattern =" {} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path} "{compiler.ar.flags}"} {archive_file_path "" object_file {} ". Setting a level that heart is advised.
          Warning: platform.txt heart of Arduino Boards i686 'Contains recipe.ar.pattern = "{} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path}"} {compiler.ar.flags "build.path {} / {} ARCHIVE_FILE ""} {object_file "exceeded automatically converted recipe.ar.pattern =" {} {compiler.ar.cmd compiler.path} "{compiler.ar.flags}"} {archive_file_path "" object_file {} ". Setting a level that heart is advised.
          Intel card: i586: izmir_fg option does not define "build.board". It is set automatically: I586_IZMIR_FG
          Intel card: i586: izmir_fd does not define "build.board" option. It is set automatically: I586_IZMIR_FD
          Intel card: i686: izmir_ec does not define "build.board" option. It is set automatically: I686_IZMIR_EC
          CAUTION: The category '' in DallasTemperature library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in the EEPROM library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in the Ethernet library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in EthernetShield library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in the SD library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in the SPI library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in the Servo library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in SoftwareServo library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in TimerOne library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in USBHost library is not valid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'
          CAUTION: The category '' in the library WiFi is invalid. Definition of 'Uncategorized'

I received them as well but I was able to run simple sketches like blink. The following message explains the issue we are having:

In file included from C:\Users\viann\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Seeed_Grove_Temperature_And_Humidity_Sensor_g-master\examples\test_seeed_gp\test_seeed_gp.ino:4:0:
          C:\Users\viann\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Seeed_Grove_Temperature_And_Humidity_Sensor_g-master/SeeedDHT.h:17:2: error: #error "CPU SPEED NOT SUPPORTED"
          #error "CPU SPEED NOT SUPPORTED"
            ^
          exit status 1
          Error when compiling.

What this message is telling us is that there is an issue with the library Seeed_Grove_Temperature_And_Humidity_Sensor_g-master. So I went out and checked it and I noticed that SeeedDHT.h has AVR calls. This means that this library was specifically written to work on AVR architectures that are incompatible with the Edison's x86 architecture. So my best suggestion is that you could try to write your own library based on this library without the AVR calls that is from the ground up compatible with x86 architectures. However this might prove quite challenging.

Peter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: sensor DHT and Arduino 1.6.6 Help please
            SpiderKenny

Connecting sensors like Dallas DHT and other 1-wire devices to an Arduino is simple due to the deterministic nature of the processor - it runs a fixed cycle of instructions at a fixed clock rate.

There is no time-slicing or multi-tasking, everything is totally deterministic. From the clock speed you can calculate exactly how long a pulse will be, or set a pin value for precise amounts of time etc.

However the Edison is not a CPU, it is an entire computing platform. It runs an operating system, and has a task scheduler and so on. It is not possible to have deterministic timings done in software, and that is what is needed for things like DHT11, DHT22 and so on.

So the question you need to ask yourself when attaching such devices to Edison is "How would I attach this to a computer system" not "How would I attach this to an Arduino". The answer is: you would use an interface of some kind. The Edison has UART, I2C and SPI interfaces available. These all have deterministic timing characteristics because they are implemented in hardware inside the edison. However none of them can do 1-wire or DHT communications, so you need to build something that can interface between UART, I2C or SPI and the DHT. There have been discussion about that in the Galileo forum before. You can find one solution here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: sensor DHT and Arduino 1.6.6 Help please
              vianney

Thank you very much Pete, it's a pity it does not work on Edison that makes éssaille since Monday I was I could not understand a ...

Now I see that I could have essaillier long ...

I just connect the same sensor on the map arduino uno is the sensor works with the same code thus effectively Edison card does not support it.

Thank you anyway for your answer as fast

Regards,

Vianney France

• 4. Re: sensor DHT and Arduino 1.6.6 Help please
                vianney

SpiderKenny thank you very much for your answer, unfortunately, I was starting I had not the ability to develop a new code, to my great regret ...

I hope it will be possible to connect it to intel Edison in 2016 as it is a good sensor, Edison is the large capacity card.

Regards,

Vianney

in France

• 5. Re: sensor DHT and Arduino 1.6.6 Help please
                  vianney

Just a small issue Peter and last, why the new version of Arduino, the start of this kit but not in the librairy?

Invalid library found in C: \ Users \ Viann \ Documents \ Arduino \ libraries \ Sketchbook_Starter_Kit: C: \ Users \ Viann \ Documents \ Arduino \ libraries \ Sketchbook_Starter_Kit

and that she walk into the old version?

Regards,

Vianney

in France

• 6. Re: sensor DHT and Arduino 1.6.6 Help please
                    Intel_Peter

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Could you please be a little bit more clear?

Peter.