1 2 3 Previous Next 135 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2016 12:19 PM by tsac

After Windows 10 Upgrade:  Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Display driver Intel HD graphics drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

timagraham

Computer is Dell M3800 w i7 & Intel 4600, 16GRAM, 256SSD.

Computer also has nVIDIA driver that can be selectively used.  I rarely use it - default is the 4600 card.

I use Dell 3000 USB docking station that uses DisplayLink for multiple monitor support.  I get the error whether I'm docked or not.

No problems in Windows 7

Upgraded to Windows 10.

*** Problem:  System 'freezes' then I get a notification that the display driver has stopped and then recovered. ***  This happens randomly with a frequency about every hour or so.

Upgraded driver through Dell Website (along with BIOS and other drivers).  Problem still exists.

Upgraded driver through Device Manager.  Problem still exists.

Downloaded latest drivers from Intel website.  Uninstalled the previously installed driver.  Installed the Intel driver.  Install warns that the driver is older than the existing drivers.  I installed anyway.  Problem still exists.

Download Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit

Upgraded driver through Device Manager.  Problem still exists.

Please tell me you have a solution to this.  I've looked at other forum entries for this and haven't seen a definitive solution.  I'm about to revert back to Windows 7.

Thanks!

1 2 3 Previous Next