thanks for the reply Dan...unfortunately that didn't work...the attempt hung after the BMC updating...
from what i could gather from your other posts and the readme texts with each software, one can't go directly from 1.2.0003 to 1.8.0003 which is what your link pointed to...but i thought you knew what you were talking about so i tried it.
what did work for me, so far anyway, is that i did a bios recover using the 1.2.0003 files and the bios recovery jumper. after doing that i was able to upgrade to bios 1.2.0006 altho it hung after the me upgrade...so it didn't automatically start the frusdr update...i'm wondering how important it is to do the frusdr anyway since it gives an exit option which i always do anyway.
anyhoo, i'll continue with the bios updates now since 1.6.0001 says it needs 1.2.0006 first.
There is a high possibility that the BIOS on the board is corrupted due to all the issues described during the different update processes you followed. If you keep having issues I will strongly recommend contacting support directly to replace the board under warranty:
hi, no need for me to contact support directly because everything is hunky-dory now!
i was able to update the bios successfully to the lastest 2.5.0004 after my last reply and everything is humming along quietly.
here's what really happened...i tried to upgrade directly to 2.5.004 from the 1.2.0003 originally because when i read one of the text files in the 2.5.004 it said all i needed was a 1.1.1002 "
To update the system firmware to the versions included in this update package, the firmware
currently loaded on the given server system must meet the following:
- BIOS 01.01.1002, or later Version
- ME 02.01.05.069 or later Version
- BMC 01.00.2612 or later Version
- FRUSDR 1.01 or later version". But it didn't work and when everything else but the bios updated ok, i started researching and in reading each of the fw .txt files learned, along with i think it was one of your earlier posts, that you really need to update sequentially. so then i tried to downgrade to the original 1.2.0003 but i suspect the original attempt to 2.5.0004 changed something so that i got that "Error: SmiGetUpdateStatus status 0x1a SmiGetUpdateStatus returned error" stuff, even trying to go just to 1.2.0006.
but doing the bios recovery thing, really did put everything back normal and now the board is running 2.5.0004 bios and is fine!
We are glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for your feedback.