3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 12:28 PM by mikec_intel

Intel Ready Mode and Wake On Lan

banathercher

I have used my NUC5i5RYK with Intel ready mode enabled as my home server. Sometimes I need the NUC to perform some computationally intensive tasks, so I tried to force the NUC exit ready mode remotely by sending Wake On Lan (WOL) magic packet via LAN. What I have found is that the NUC ignores WOL packet and keeps in ready mode. Is this the expected behavior or a bug?

To be clear, I can confirm that my system can wake up by WOL from S3 state when I disable ready mode in Intel Ready Mode Modern UI application. And when I enable the ready mode, the system could wake up by keyboard and mouse input without problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

NUC5i5RYK

Windows 8.1 Pro

All drivers updated to the latest version (16 Dec 2015)

Bios: 0352

LAN: 20.4.1

Chipset: 10.1.1.9

Intel Ready Mode: 1.1.70.506

• 1. Re: Intel Ready Mode and Wake On Lan
          mikec_intel

Hi banathercher,

Wake on Lan will be disable if you already have activated Intel® Ready Mode Technology.

Regards,
          Mike C

• 2. Re: Intel Ready Mode and Wake On Lan
            banathercher

Hi mikec,

Thanks for your answer. I think Wake on Lan could still be useful even activated Intel® Ready Mode Technology as it reduces performance. Do you know where I can make feature request to Intel Ready Mode Technology development team so WOL support could be added later?

And as now do you know if there is any workaround of my problem, meaning forcing the computer exit ready mode remotely? Also do you know where I can find ready mode API/SDK so I could write some programs/scripts to make it work?

• 3. Re: Intel Ready Mode and Wake On Lan
              mikec_intel

Hi banathercher,

Intel® Ready Mode Technology keeps NUC on, using very low power and wake on LAN works when the PC is completely off.

This feature is embedded in the BIOS of the NUC and it is private information. If you are an Intel® channel member please request additional information through an Intel® channel rep.

If you are a final user, please contact our Contact Support , it is necessary to sign a Non-disclosure agreement. 

Regards,
              Mike C