3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 2:21 PM by EstebanC_Intel

Wake on LAN error

RetiredPB

I am running up-to-date W8.1 on a Compute Stick, have installed Remote Keyboard on my Samsung S2.  Both my phone and Compute stick are on the same network.  I have made the initial connection between phone and host (phone is listed as a device on the host app). When I then try to start the app on the phone it fails because "Wake on LAN database corrupt".  I "forget" the device (with button at bottom of S2 screen) and try again - same thing.  How do I cure this?

• 1. Re: Wake on LAN error
          EstebanC_Intel

Hello RetiredPB:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

Regarding the Wake on LAN feature, some settings have to be present in your router and also your Intel® Compute Stick.

Intel® Compute Stick settings:

Go to Device Manager and right click, select properties for the wireless adaptor. Enable Wake on Magic Packet

The feature Wake on LAN has to be enabled in your router also, in order to get the instructions on how to perform this, my recommendation would be to contact the manufacturer of your router.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 2. Re: Wake on LAN error
            RetiredPB

Hi, Esteban.

Thanks for the reply but, unfortunately I discovered that while I could enable the Wake function on my PC the basic modem supplied by Sky here in the UK does not provide the required facility ("this is not a function that would be required by a normal household" they say).  Also, unfortunately, they do not allow the use of any other router but theirs on there fibre network.

• 3. Re: Wake on LAN error
              EstebanC_Intel

Hello:

I am sorry to hear that this feature is not available right now.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter with any additional or new inquiries.

Regards,

Esteban C