8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 12:53 PM by allan_intel

REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING

Arkhon

Hello Everyone

I just put together a new build which i will list out in a sec but one thing I noticed was I am getting upwards of 90% cpu load in games such as Dying Light , Assassin's Creed Syndicate , the temps start to reach into the low to mid 70's C which is way to high I have a Corsair GTX 100i closed loop on the cpu and made sure it's fitted on the cpu. This is a fresh install of windows 7 64bit

CPU- i7-6700k -4.2g

RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gigs

CASE - CORSAIR GRAPHITE 600T

PSU - EVGA SUPERNOVA 850 gold rated

HDD - 2x SAMSUNG EVO 850 250gig 1x SAMSUNG EVO 850 1x 120 SEAGATE 1tb 64mb

GPU - ASUS STRIX OC 980 Ti

MOTHERBOARD - MSI KRAIT GAMING Z170A

If i have left anything out or you need more information plz post and I will add it , I will add if iam not gaming the cpu load is fine and when playing None demanding games everything seems fine

• 1. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
          allan_intel

Try loading the latest video drivers here: STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING | Graphics Cards | ASUS USA

Test applying latest Assassin's Creed Syndicate update: Assassin's Creed Syndicate patch 1.21 now live - PC Gamer

Allan.

• 2. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
            Arkhon

Hello Allan

I thought it may be the graphics drivers so I rolled them back to 358.50 which seemed to help in AC Syndicate , Wouldn't Ubisoft automatically update the game or is it a user made patch , I can now play at max setting with spikes into the 75-80% (AVG of high 60's ) marker but doesn't stay there like it did before. Iam not sure if it's just the game or if it's something with my system but I tested another game Dying Light and it runs great like 150 fps but spikes to 75%-80% and stays there dropping back and spiking up every 30-40 sec 's really weird. ( I can reproduce this effect every time i play same spot Prob  the game tho )

I also tested several other games Aliens Isolation runs great maxed out 1080p like 20% cpu load Killing Floor 2 maxed Nvidia game works gibs and gore , But it just seems like it struggles with intense games. I loaded up GTAV and I need to add Iam not getting fps drops ingame AS syndicate sometimes will stutter but all other games run smooth. But It just seems my 3770k struggled less with these games

My temps idle in mid 20's high 30's C at load in say GTAV or AC SYN temps run Low to high 60's C Sometimes it will hit 70-72 but not often and most of the time will back down.

It could just be me but just seems like the 6700k runs at higher loads in games that the 3770k didn't seem to struggle as much with.

• 3. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
              allan_intel

Skylake processor vs Ivy bridge, two processors with different technologies.I am afraid, I cannot compare them. I would say if this problem follows all your games, then would be a problem with the processor, but at this stage happens with certain games. Not all the time.

Allan.

• 4. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
                Arkhon

Hello

Agreed I know that they are really different , I think i may just RMA my cpu just to be safe , second thought could my motherboard be the cause also

• 5. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
                  Arkhon

Hello Allan

I installed and fired up the Intel Processor Diagnostic tool 64bit and ran the test everything passed according to the Intel Processor tool but I did notice temps were 79-80c which from what I have read is to hot for skylake cpu , So if Iam thinking correctly I think something is wrong with my chips thermals or my cpu cooler which is a Corsair H100i GTX, I have uploaded the Intel Tool test DOC below . I did notice in the doc that the temps were way different from what I was reading with AIDA64 I understand that skylake is a new chip set could i be getting wrong temps from AIDA and my cpu fan is acting up because it ramped up to the point It sounded like a jet engine, I do have them plugged into a fan panel in the backside of the case not into the mobo directly.

Thanks for your time and answers Allan

• 6. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
                    allan_intel

Thank you for the information. If you need warranty service for your processor, please contact the Intel support team at: Contact Support

Allan.

• 7. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
                      Arkhon

Hello Allan

When you have a chance, could you look over the information and give me your thoughts based off of the data

Thank you for your time

• 8. Re: REALLY HIGH CPU LOAD WHILE GAMING
                        allan_intel

Intel does not rely the functionality and the warranty of the processor on third party monitoring software. That is why Intel have the processor diagnostic tool. You mentioned everything passed. It might be mis-reading temperature from the BIOS.

I understand the processor can go up to 74C working under load. If it reaches higher level, then it will shut down, this will prevent any damage.

Allan.