Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Big problem with Intel driver. Need help.

DHane2
Beginner

Hello.

I sincerely hope this reaches the right person. I am using a dell Laptop PC with Windows Vista, and it uses the Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family.

I pl;ay PC games, and my games keep telling me to update my driver. On one, the chip gives an error and the game crashes. On the other, the game tells me the driver is old and needs to be updated. However, when I go to the device manager and request a driver update, it tells me I have the best driver.

Can anyone tell me if Intel has updated drivers for older PCs? If so, where can I get them and how do I install them?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You are in the right place. I would like to help you but I need the operating system version.

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows Vista, do the following: Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties. Under System, you can view the system type.

If possible, attach any error message when playing your games.

Allan.

0 Kudos