Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Display port resolution after wakeup

CMoor2
Beginner

Hello, I'm having an issue with the display resolution after waking up from sleep mode. About one-third of the time, the monitor wakes up in VGA mode, 640x480. After I sign in and try to change the resolution, 640x480 is the only resolution option showing. I can work around this and get back to normal 1920x1200 resolution by doing a restart or by disconnecting and reconnecting the display port cable on the monitor.

It only happens with display port - HDMI connection doesn't have this problem. I don't know why it wakes up okay two-thirds of the time and yet one-third of the time it wakes up in VGA mode - nothing is done differently. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but that didn't help.

This is using the latest Intel 4600 graphics driver running Windows 10 Home. System information files are attached.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It appears to be related to the video cable, have you tested different Display Port cable? This is because the Intel® HD Graphics controller is working properly with HDMI connection.

Do you happen to know if this issue remains with driver version 4326?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Allan.

0 Kudos
CMoor2
Beginner

I bought a new video cable but the problem happened again after three days. Sorry, but I have switched to having the PC on all the time so it never goes to sleep and cannot test the beta driver. Maybe someone else is having this issue and can test the driver. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You are welcome, let's keep checking this post for updates from different community members.

Allan.

0 Kudos