3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 3:56 PM by aleki_intel

A specific router (Compal CH7284e) causes my AC-7265 driver to crash [HP x360, Win10]

jaqob

Hi,

I bought a new laptop a few days ago, and have encountered a problem where my google-fu isn't good enough.

I have connected to a number of routers, and all was fine, until I tried one specific router (which I have to be able to use).

When I connect to this router (2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz doesn't matter), it works for about ten seconds, and during this time I have no packet loss and good speeds. After about ten seconds, the wifi adapter crashes (I believe), and I haven't found any way to recover other than restarting the laptop. When it crashes, it is no longer visible in the device manager.

The computer is a new skylake HP Spectre x360 with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. I'm using the drivers recommended by HP, 18.12.0.3. I'm running an fully updated Windows 10.

The router is a Compal CH7284e, provided by a Swedish cable provider. It is using WPA as security protocol and I can't make any changes to the router (not mine).

I have looked into the event log in Windows, and I can see those messages when it crashes:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x1

Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D11

Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

Miniport Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, {********-********-********-********-********}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error

Initially I thought it was hardware, but now I'm suspecting the drivers. Have anyone seen something similar, or do you have any ideas how to troubleshoot it?