Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Intel HD 4400 right-click slow

rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Hi.

A while ago I updated the drivers for Intel Graphics HD 4600 in a notebook I have, and after that update, the right-click menu was very slow loading. It was due to the new HD Graphics driver update. You guys then released a new update and the problem was gone.

Now I'm facing the very same issue, but with another laptop. It's an HP Pavilion 15. It has the Intel HD 4400, with the latest drivers 4294. When I right-click, the menu takes like 5 seconds to load. I've done a registry modification to remove the 2 context menu items from Intel HD Graphics, and of course the problem is gone.

So, in the next driver update for HD 4400, I'd love to see this fixed, please.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello rambomhtri,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Are you downloading the driver from the Intel website or from your system manufacturer website?

Please be aware that if you download the driver from the Intel website, Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information.

Regards!

Ivan

rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Yeah, I always download all the Intel drivers from the official Intel Download Center site. You can not trust manufacturers cause they stop uploading new versions for you computer like 4-5 months after the laptop was released.

Anyways, this is an issue of Intel and its 2 items in the context menu. So it's you, Intel, the one that should troubleshoot this issue and fix it, as you did with the Intel HD 4600 drivers.

I've always installed generic drivers from Intel and this problem is not normal and should be fixed. My temporary solution is to remove the 2 Intel items in the context menu modifying Windows Registry, but that's not a good solution.

Please, fix it.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi rambomhtri,

Do you have a lot of third party extensions when you do right click on it?

Have you tried the driver from your system manufacturer website? The driver from your system manufacturer will be the proper one.

I will try this driver here to see if we get the same problem and I will let you know.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

No, I don't have a lot of items, just Winrar and 7zip, all the rest is Windows items. As I've already told you, IF I remove the 2 Intel Graphics items in the context menu, the problem disappears, completely. So that tells me it's an Intel driver problem.

My system manufacturer (HP) provides a driver that is like 2 years old. Anyways, I use in every single PC I have generic Intel drivers, and also generic nVIDIA drivers. You should never have a problem like this using generic drivers. So clearly Intel got to fix this.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello rambomhtri,

I have been making tests with this driver and I don't experience the same behavior. I tried it is a couple of machines and no issues.

Try rebooting your system and check for updates and apply any.

Also, you may want to check on the following link to troubleshoot slow right-click.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-8/slow-right-click-context-menu/ http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-8/slow-right-click-context-menu/

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Does anyone else have this problem with this driver?

Regards!

Ivan

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

I'll try that out. But anyways, I've already troubleshot the issue, and this is what I found.

I don't have any weird items in the context menu, I have installed in that laptop basic programs. When I right click, it takes like 5 seconds or more to load the menu. If I remove ONLY the 2 Intel menu entries, it loads automatically. So I think we can it's almost 100% sure it's driver related issue, and not any other program.

0 Kudos
RDelt
Novice

Have a look

0 Kudos