Thank you for joining the Intel communities.
I’m sorry for issue you have had after trying to upgrade to windows 10 10586.
When I upgraded the Intel® Compute Stick to Windows 10 BUILD 10586 before doing so I updated any other updates and the latest BIOS and I did not have any problems.
If your system does not work at all after you try an upgrade you can submit a warranty replacement for the unit at the following link:
Thanks and regards!
I just encountered the same issue... I ran updates after not using the Compute Stick for a while and when 10586 installed, it locked things up causing hangs in the login screen and freezing the system. After a couple searches through these forums, I found something that worked for me... it seems to be a WiFi/OneDrive issue.
After the ver 1511 build 10586.36 upgrade is already done and your having problems...
- immediately from the login screen right click the WiFi icon and disconnect from any networks. This at least allowed me to login in to Windows and finish the upgrade.
- Start OneDrive and go to setting and disable startup at login
- from another computer, download all current updates for the Compute Stick to an external USB and install in this order:
- BIOS (press F7 after reboot), mine went from ver. 18 to 31, reboot
- install SOC drivers, reboot
- install GFX driver, reboot
- install WiFi drivers, reboot
- install BT drivers, reboot
- enable WiFi and reconnect to your network
- check for updates again
Everything seems to be running again.
I downloaded all the drivers from a separate computer and placed them on a USB stick attached to a USB hub and the ComputeStick. The drivers can be found directly from the Intel download site at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86612/Intel-Compute-Stick-STCK1A32WFC
As I said in my earlier post, I was able to upgrade but everything would lock up unless I disabled wifi immediately from the lock screen and updated all the drivers.
Hopefully this helps.
Thanks for help. I downloaded all available drivers and BIOS file. I know how to update BIOS from external USB, but don't know how to update or install driver. I have downloaded Wireless_Win10_32_3008.11.0515.2015.zip, copied this zip to USB, connect it to USB hub, which is connected to stick. What I should do for install driver?