4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 3:55 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

USB issues and boot fails occasionally

cstambaugh

Hello,

So I have 2 compute sticks, one has been one the bedroom TV for a few months, with no issues. The other day I went to turn on the input, and the Keyboard was not functional. So rebooted and I got the Blue screen with the message that some device is corrupt or missing for bootup... I reboot and it boots fine, but No keyboard and mouse combo, no usb hub will function... just an old wired keyboard will function, but not allow me into bios or recovery options. I hit the keys and that is when I see the friendly blue screen saying it is missing a file. I know it is out of Warranty with where I bought it from, so I guess I am on my own trying to fix it. Tried navigating through Windows with a Keyboard, and have tried uninstalling USB keyboards, HID devices, and having Windows re install them, but it locks up everytime I plug any combo into the USB, or HUB.

I cant get into BIOS, I cant get into recovery.... Windows menu for settings tells me to reboot and press the keyboard button, but that does not work either. Any suggestions to get it to boot into recovery?

OH, the Power button method does not work either.... it just shows a half screen with the words, pull down to shutdown your PC.

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

Chris