Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Theft of computer. Is it possible to do something?

idata
Employee

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:SimSun; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:宋体; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@SimSun"; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun; mso-ansi-language:ES;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Already 2 months ago me sustrajeron of my house a computer armed(assembled) for my, which(who) was possessing(relying on) a processor intel i7 920, mas plate mother asus p6t, 6 Gb in Ram, mas a card of video radeon hd 4890 of 2Gb. The consultation is the following one, it is possible to find the computer or the pieces across Internet, or to block having the codes of numbers on behalf of manufacture.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

DO you know tha AA and SN numebr s of the board?

and the FPO ATPO of the CPU?

if so maybe, otherwise no

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the boxes of packing of all the components in which(whom) one finds the information. The consultation is if there exists algun program or the person who knows like encotrar the equipment(team), all that me cobraria?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The problem here is if the thief is technically capable they will have already wiped the hard drive and it's unlikely any trace will be found.

But a lot of thieves are not technically capable and it's why they are thieves instead of IT staff...

You have a slim chance of recovery - if the thief has not wiped the hard drive.

See: http://www.boingboing.net/2007/02/22/stolen-laptop-recove.html

My friends, the Melins, had their stolen laptop recovered because Seti at Home was installed on it which periodically calls home.

The authorities were able to track the location by the IP address the computer was reporting home from and it was recovered from the thieves.

Good luck!

0 Kudos